Sister troop tips - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Sister troop tips

Since no-one really seems to be adding to this forum, I will add instea, just in case anyone might need a bit of info on those nuns with guns (a.k.a. Bolter Bitches).

Sister troop tips:
    Don't rely on me! But if thou has no other option this is what i've found has worked well:

I have one big squad of Redemption and find that 2 Zealots is about just right, with any more just getting in the way of each other and making a unit intended to be ultimately expendable cost too much. A reason I don't outfit them with Exterminators either (aside from dubious efficacy versus heavy armour and that I always forget to fire them). Toss in a single grenade launcher for the hell of it and I've got a unit that can't be safely ignored and requires a lot of firepower to put down. My opponents usually let them get close once, i.e. the first time they experience them... usually even as the veteran victims are on the sidelines shrieking "Shoot them! Shoot them /NOW/!" If they reach something intact, they obliterate it. Maybe something beyond it as well... then they die, but die having hurt the enemy a lot. After the first time, I use the fear of them to good advantage, pushing them closer and closer until the enemy commander's nerve breaks and he's directing all firepower, even his LOW AP and ORDNANCE firepower, into wiping them out. By the time he's finished that, the largely ignored battle squads are close enough to say howdy.

The battle sister squads are there to be numerous and durable and perform mop-up and ground consolidation. Sometimes they'll also perform screening duty if I'm expecting to receive a charge, especially the obligatory minimal sized one which has been colloquially nicknamed "Squad Baitus". It goes out in front (Slow? Short-ranged? Who cares, assault armies do you the massive favour of coming to you!) The hormagaunts/marines/banshees or whatever wipe it out, then sweep into point-blank range of the massed ranks of firepower I set up behind.Hook, line, obliteration. And if they try and be clever and go around it, well, now they have a faithful Sister unit in their midst that includes a meltagun and a flamer. Incidentally, the two schools of thought are of course to specialize a battle squad by either going with two meltaguns or two flamers, or be flexible with one of each. Since my whole list is based around flexibility, there you go... I want every tactical unit to be as much of a potential threat to as many different targets as possible. A flamer multiplies a squad's firepower exponentially for dirt cheap cost, and a meltagun, well... at BS3 I have my misses, but I have my hits as well. No dreadnought or vehicle can absolutely count on me missing my shot, which if it hits can be almost certain death for them. Helps to discourage tank shock attempts too, oh yes it does.

Hoped this helps
    May the emperor be with you! BURN THE HERETIC :twisted:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

First off this topic is way old I wrote this well before I heard about the new SOB rules comming out and their more than likely by the sounds of it gonna get rid of them, so thats a load of cash and points down the drain.

But if your still interested you can find the redemptionist models with the old necromunda models, which you'll have to mail order, or if you would like a gender mix of redemptionists you can use some Sister's of Sigmar from Mordheim (uhh I think I've spelt that right :unsure: )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i were to make my own redemptionists, what do they need? Robes? pitchforks? for a robe, i was thinking of making mini robes on catachan guys (i would sew real mini robes). i would give them hoods and tie them up with a burlap looking string. do you think that'll work?
    Warhammer is expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Originally posted by Rhino Driver@Oct 29 2003, 071
    if i were to make my own redemptionists, what do they need? Robes? pitchforks? for a robe, i was thinking of making mini robes on catachan guys (i would sew real mini robes). i would give them hoods and tie them up with a burlap looking string. do you think that'll work?
    Yeah that would work, anything really can work. Generally you can get redemptionist models from the necromunda models, you know the guys in red robes, often where stupid masks seen once with kal jericho. Aye those bastards!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use two squads of 20 Redemptionists - they are extremely useful and are the main power behind my army other than my HQ.

I use the Empire Militia models as Redemptionists - they work perfectly. Alternatively, yes there are the Necromunda models, but I don't like the look of them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The redemptors do look awsome statistically. A squad of them is very efficient for the point cost. So efficient and so well worked it makes me very angry at GW. The best deployment choice that GW give the sisters of battle, arent even sisters of battle! DO THEY THINK THAT WOMEN CANT FIGHT AS WELL AS MEN!?!? in the US military, they encourage women to go on maternaty leave, and this is because they become extremely deadly fanaticall soldiers who are filled with the maternal hormones killing anything. the last reason is because it turns the sisters of battle into a mob army. I think the orks, the tyranids and the Imperial guards men have that area covered, and now gw will make ANOTHER army like that? why couldn't they make the immolator, the prized unique tank of the sisters of battle, any better than a transport? its just retarted! why is the immolator a heavy support option anyways? the razerback is a transport and we all know that the lascannona nd the twinlinked plasma's on that are FAR superior to the inferno cannon(although that wouldn't have been true if they kept the old rules who FORCED a fall back). well, thats way off topic, but as you can tell, I think the redemptors simply dont belong in the sisters of battle army no matter how good they are. If GW doesn't have the sense to make a sisters of battle unit choice that is awsome, instead of creating allies inside of the army because the current rules make them less cost affective then why even make it a sisters of battle army? why not just make a redemption army? I know the redemption is a cult just like the siters, but even in the fluf, I dont see where the sisters of battle fight alonside them any more than the sisters fight alongside space marines and imperial guard.

Closed Thread