500 Pt Nurgle Loud Mouth - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got a local twit around my way and I need to shut him up about his Nurgle army. They've got a 500 pt army and it's tough to beat, (no one has beaten him yet) and I want to do it.

He has the following:

HQ
    2 wound lord, D flight, D mutation, D strength and Manreaper

Troops
    8 x Nurgle marines + 2 PF's
    pack of nurgle demons

They are toughness 5 and in a small army is almost nigh unbeatable. The only person who came close was an IG who rapid fired something like 60 las guns, but then in combat it was tragic...

Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A cheap chaplain and an assault squad w/vet sgt and a pw. Then a couple of scout squad with ML to bring there numbers down. I would say blast him for a couple of turns (stay deep in your deployment) then pounce with your assault squad.
    Current Armies-
    Slaanesh (CSM)
    Daemonhunters
    Empire
    High Elves (BloodBowl)

Warseer Blood Bowl League

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a Space Pups player, i'd run a squad of 9 BCs with 2 PFs, a squad of 8 GHs with a plasma gun and PW, a Land Speeder Tornado and a WGBL with Frost Blade, Bolt Pistol and various other wargear.

They've got toughness 5, but i'd have PFs to take care of that.

Or, on second thought, if it's not using the Combat Patrol rules, a Ven Dread with a TL lascannon and a couple GH packs with a plasma gun, plasma pistol and PF should chew him apart nicely.
    Sam Mills (1959-2005) and Mark Fields - Keep Pounding

Cry Cheese, And Let Loose The Wraithlords And Templar!

Senior Member Bobby_Wokkerfella's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Well take lots of missile launchers. 2 five man tac sqauds with just a ML and A dev squad with 4 of em' Add to that a cheap HQ with a PF and nothing else. Fire Krak at the Marines and send your HQ to the Lord to insta kill him. Remember 2 things:
    1. Nurgle Troops and HQ still get insta-killed by Strength 8 weapons.
    2. Manreapers only get the +d6 attacks if they are attacking multiple models. So if you hit him with just your Chaplain and you survive the initial hits you can kick his ass back with a big load of insta-kill goodness.

No Rest For the Righteous Ebon Hand's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x3)

Insta killing isn't that important. Plaguemarines only have 1 wound, and his Lord has 2. I would suggest that you use a Land Speeder with an assualt cannon. Plasma cannons and plasma guns in your squads would do some good as well. Anytime you kill guys and he doesn't get to kill some back, you're doing some good.

You have to find a way to deal with that Lord. A Twin Linked Lascannon and Missile Launcher Dreadnought could do well. Don't beef up your leader too much, since points are an issue if you bring the Dreadnought and/or Land Speeder. Just play meekly and chip away at his squads. Keep your guys moving.

Edit: Now that I think about it, he's probably having the Lord roll with a squad. In this case, just put an assualt cannon on the Dreadnought. Rending baby!

"Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the conquest of it." -Anon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Its cheesy, but take a load of plasma, especially cannons, S7 makes his T5 worthless. 3 plasma cannon will spoil his day. His low numbers mean you should be able to wittle him down and so make CC not that painfull.

Against his lord If close combat pops up, Id take a librarian W/familiar and hope for a force weapon kill (LD 10 means it isnt so hard). Also while its not worth wasting more points on psychic powers, that AP2 storm of the emperor's wrath might kill an expensive plague marine or two.

Assuming you play vanilla marines, I'd take

Epistolary W/ Master Crafted Force Weapon, Terminator Honours, Bolt Pistol (for extra attack for CCW + Pistol), familiar 151pts
    6 Man Tactical Squad W/ Plasma Cannon, Plasma Gun 116pts

Should wipe the smile off his face. Its a bit cheesier that Id normally go, but if he is a twit Im sure you wont mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deleted.
    Last edited by samurai_socks; January 4th, 2016 at 16:03. Reason: DELETED.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

96 (x3)

His Lord could still join the squad at first, then leave the squad the turn he is going to assualt, or just stay no more then 6 inches away from a squad making sure he isnt the nearest thing.

That Nurgle Lord could easily handle a squad by himself. Theres no easy way to deal with him, and he will kill lots of stuff if you arent careful. Samarai is right, spreading squads out slightly is a good idea if you plan to shoot alot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

HQ
    2 wound lord, D flight, D mutation, D strength and Manreaper

This is a lieutenant and with this equipment 1 ML or LC or 2/3 PG will wipe him out

okay, plain stupid, he won't get the free aspiring champion and those squads are illegal, he can't have 2 powerfists in a single sqaud.
    I know this as I play Death Guard as well.
    Rub that in his face and should he refuse to believe you then ask him to show it to ya in the chaos codex.

pack of nurgle demons

Plaguebearers I guess, don't worry to much about them, they won't be available to him until his second turn.
    Heavy bolters will chew them up as they only have an invulnerable save.

Nothing has T5, they have T4(5) which means any weapon of Strenght 8 or greater will fry them to death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

96 (x3)

What if he just pays for the Aspiring Champion and gives him a powerfist from the armory?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast