Sister heavy support tips - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Sister heavy support tips

Since no-one really seems to be adding to this forum, I will add instea, just in case anyone might need a bit of info on those nuns with guns (a.k.a. Bolter Bitches).

Sister heavy support tips:
    Don't rely on me! But if thou has no other option this is what i've found has worked well:

My multi-melta squads have been gathering dust since C:CA came out, and I never really got into the whole heavy flamer bit. Heavy bolters though... love 'em. Possibly the single most feared unit(s) in my army (aside from everything else in my army). If I can afford it, I'll take two. Cover, a good sightline, and a preacher to steer by = massive kill zones putting at risk anything less than a head-on medium tank. These ladies never let me down and are really, really good at supporting the advance of the troops, plus funneling the enemy where I want them to go. I picked up an Immolator for the one squad so it can deploy forwards a bit in different terrain than the unmounted one. I also just like to have the Immolator along, cuz it's cool and Sisterly, it's another Tank Shocker/LOS blocker, and it's another thing that makes opponents nervous. Espeacially 'Big Mamma' my second Immolator which happens to have a twin linked multi-melta! BWWHAAHAHAHA! Speaking of which, I round out with a single Exorcist. Most of the time I can manage to keep it alive, by carefully picking its fights, keeping at maximum range, making good use of cover, and most of all engaging in the art of distraction. Shooting at my Exorcist usually means my opponent is leaving himself open to some humbly advancing Sister squad with a meltagun, or frothing Redemption about to Passion over the hill, or the Seraphim behind him just waiting for his tank to stop squirming for one little moment. If I don't have distractions, then I just try to keep it out of LOS/range of stuff that can destroy it and pick off the weak and sick. Or reverse things and set bait for an enemy tank with a faraway unit... if it pops out to shoot them, the Exorcist breaks cover on an angle and staves in its side with a Krak volley. Or heck, even its front in some cases... I love doing this to Eldar tanks, especially if they have passengers -- losing three Sisters to a starcannon is a very fair trade for a fully loaded Wave Serpent.

But mostly, what the Exorcist provides for me is 100 points' worth of psychological warfare without which my enemy would feel free and jolly to prance his army around outside 36" of range. Uh uh. I put the Exorcist down (out of sight, natch) and watch everything without 48"+ range migrate magically to the other end of the board. Which of course is where I put all my troops, now shielded from his long-range fire as well. Guess who usually would have suffered more from long-range fire? That's not a gift that happens every time since my friends aren't stupid, but it does work well on the more cautious ones who aren't prepared to "trade queens". Playing a commander is almost as important as playing an army, it's amazing how many people's own morale will break on Turn 3, handing you the initiative and letting you outmaneuver them. With a C:CA sisters army, no less, not really the fastest thing out there when you think about it... and yet I've managed to do things like press Eldar into corners just because the commander thinks there's no better option available. For my own part, if I'm on the ropes I'll fight tooth and nail to the last and always be seeking a way to turn the tables or fulfill the mission objective even though 99% of my troops are gone. I think that sort of tenacity in the face of the odds is the biggest factor towards success in 40k, and goes especially double when playing the Sisters. Tenacity works so well with the army I sometimes think it's a Special Rule :wink:

Anyway I hope that this helps to anyone who might actually be interested out there, or at least i hope that this was a good read and that i haven't bored you to death...

"The strength of the Emperor is humanity, and the strength of hummanity is the Emperor. If one turns from the other we shall all become lost and damned!"
    The sermons of Sebastion Thor. Vol XXVII Ch LXII

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank You!

I don't collect SoB and I didnt even read the post, but I would like to congratulate you on your effort to add to this formum on behalf of everyone and i am sure that your posts will be apprecialted some day

"Die hard my boys! Die hard!"-Colonel Inglis of the 57th regiment of foot at the battle of Alburea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Re: Thank You!

I don't collect SoB and I didnt even read the post, but I would like to congratulate you on your effort to add to this formum on behalf of everyone and i am sure that your posts will be apprecialted some day

Thanks but one day, the Sister's shiny power armoured behind will be shinning down on even the Space Marines.....
    ..... one day, anyway. :wink:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe well i think it will be a long time before the universe is dominated by women fighter monks(probably a famous last quote some day in the futre)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think i agree w/ you cptbarker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe well i think it will be a long time before the universe is dominated by women fighter monks(probably a famous last quote some day in the futre)
    Shouldn't that be women fighter nuns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's great you're posting things like this here Mel. I'm not far from being finished with my chaos horde and plan on making SoB my next army. I'm going to start on paper way before I actually buy one model. I will probably go through quite a few skirmishes with my son using other models so I can figure out what works best against diffrent opponents.

Please don't give up!

Uncle Jesse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Thanks for the support guys. Got any mor eideas of what i can do for sob?

Closed Thread