Help Oh Dear God Help. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok what i want to know is if you have a Daemonhunter aemy and you take IG as allies can you take basaliks and if so how many can you u take. Oh and i also found out that you can take the throne of judgement as your inquisitor in a daemonhunter army.

Also just a random question here who do you think poses the biggest threat to the imperium i personal think its the nids but thats just me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

The Daemonhunter Codex states what Guard units you can take as allies aswell as how many of them. Don't know about teh throne of judgement though.

As for the biggest threat thing I'd say Chaos poses the biggest threat. The Last Black Crusade even made it dangerously close to Terra before it was stopped i belive. Not to good on 40k history yet.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Ok what i want to know is if you have a Daemonhunter aemy and you take IG as allies can you take basaliks and if so how many can you u take.
    No, you cannot take Basilisks into a DH army, sorry. You can make an IG army with Basilisks in it, and include some Daemonhunter allies, if that&#39;s what you want.

Oh and i also found out that you can take the throne of judgement as your inquisitor in a daemonhunter army.
    Care to point out where it says you can take special characters from one army as compulsory choices in another army?

Also just a random question here who do you think poses the biggest threat to the imperium i personal think its the nids but thats just me.
    Orks. Look what happened when one Ork got off his duff and decided to go play around in the Armageddon area&#33; Plus, since they&#39;re basically fungi-based, you can never get rid of them - killing all the Orks on a planet just releases spores that grow into more Orks in a couple of years. Then again, I love the green bastards, so I many be biased.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It dosent say in the codex that u can take the throne but i asked about my local games-worshops and everyone i asked said i can that includes the staff.

I believe nids because look what happend to mcrag the ultramarines home planet,they made half of it into a baran waste land and thats a bloody space marines bloody home planet. Also it says they dont originate from the 40k univerce or the galaxy so that means that the galaxy they were from now belongs to them or even countless galaxy&#39;s alos once you defeat them they evolve so they defeat they the second time round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok what i want to know is if you have a Daemonhunter aemy and you take IG as allies can you take basaliks and if so how many can you u take. Oh and i also found out that you can take the throne of judgement as your inquisitor in a daemonhunter army.
    In the codex it does not say you can use this &#39;throne of judgement&#39; thing as an inquisitor. The only thing that lets you take stuff that says you need an inquistor to use are just that: normal DH codex inquisitors. Whether or not you can take that guy doesnt matter.
    ________________W/L/T
    Hive Fleet Furi Kuri 32/21/4
    Tomb Kings: 8/5/2

Im in ur Halo, killin ur covernantz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x8)

It dosent say in the codex that u can take the throne but i asked about my local games-worshops and everyone i asked said i can that includes the staff.
    Ok, here&#39;s the deal:

First, to get access to things in the DH armoury that require an Inquisitor, you need a DAEMONHUNTER Inquisitor. A Witch Hunter Inquisitor in your Daemonhunter army doesn&#39;t cut it.

Second, Karamazov is a special character. Special characters can ONLY be used in their specific army. For example, the SM Character Shrike. Shrike is a Ravenguard model - he cannot be used in non-SM armies. He can&#39;t even be used in non-Ravenguard SM armies&#33; Karamazov is a Witch Hunters character, and therefore limited to WH armies. His entry in the WH codex specifically states he can only be used in WH armies of 1500 or higher.

You might be confused because you ARE allowed to put WH Inquisitor Lords into a DH army in some circumstances. But this only applies to standard Inquisitors and Lords, NOT Special Characters. And even if you bring a WH Inquisitor into a DH army, the WH Inquisitor cannot count as your compulsory HQ choice, meaning you&#39;d still need a DH HQ choice.

What everyone in your store says does not matter. The fact that the WH codex states he can only be used in WH armies does matter.

You&#39;re trying to use one army&#39;s HQ to lead another. That doesn&#39;t work. That would be like me using Commissar Yarrick to lead my Grey Knights, or Marneus Cargar to lead my Imperial Guard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, In my opinion megalo, I disagree. If he included 1500 pts of WH allies, I believe it is perfectly within the rules to take Kazmaarof.

It is just one of the stupidest Ideas ever as he could just make a WH army with a different 1500 FOC. Most people, I think, allow 2 in 3000+ pts.
    Where's your Baritone Saxophone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x8)

Hmm, In my opinion megalo, I disagree. If he included 1500 pts of WH allies, I believe it is perfectly within the rules to take Kazmaarof.
    Well, in a game with 1500pts of WH allies (which would probably be very hard to do with the limitations on WH allies), there might be an argument. Then again, with 1500pts of WH allies in a DH army, it&#39;s still a DH army, not a WH army. So even that idea is debatable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mEGALOMANIAC has a the long of the stick in this argument, I think. Special characters are limitted to their own list.

If Sorrow really wanted to take Kamarazov, and then include Grey Knights and so forth, I would imagine that he would have to take a Witchhunter army. He could then include the standard GK allies (0-1 HQ, 0-1 Elite, 0-2 Troops, 01- Fast Attack) as well as Inducted Imperial guard.

I can&#39;t really see a way of getting the Basilisk that he wants, though.

Alternatively, I suppose you could agree to suspend certain Codex limitations with your opponent. But the thought of what a creative player might do with Codex Chaos, Codex Imperial Guard and Codex Orks doesn&#39;t bear thinking about...
    My secret, shameful desire is a three Ordo army...

(I know I&#39;m bad...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Pheonecia@Jan 12 2005, 106
    If Sorrow really wanted to take Kamarazov, and then include Grey Knights and so forth, I would imagine that he would have to take a Witchhunter army. He could then include the standard GK allies (0-1 HQ, 0-1 Elite, 0-2 Troops, 01- Fast Attack) as well as Inducted Imperial guard.
    [snapback]300418[/snapback]
    But if that is true could i not just switch them around and take my daemonhunter army and put in a HQ, ELITE,TROOPS and FAST attack from witvhhunter army list and use Kamarazov as an elite choice or HQ choice ?

None of you guys still havent said who u think posses the biggest threat to the imperium.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast