Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
First off let me say hello to everyone. I have played WHFB for about 2 years now and recently transfered to 40k (whfb is all but dead in my area). I have only had a few oppertunities to play so far and I was hoping could get a few questions awnsered that have come up
1 - What is the arc of fire on the lasguns on the chimera? Is 180 off the side of the chimera leaving a channel down the center they cannot hit or is it 180 from the center line of the vehicle?
2 - What is the firing arc of side sponsons on a Russ?
3 - I was looking through a friend's chapter approved 2004 and noticed a section about armoured companies army, is this a legal army? Can it be played in GTs(not that I have a chance of going to one anytime soon)?
2) I believe its 90 degrees, from pointing directly left/right to straight ahead.
In the rulebook there is a Perdator but those are differently shaped.
3) Not sure about GTs but there was a re-released list in a White Dwarf I think. Not sure on the number.
Good luck with 40k
Archaon's Top Tip for profiting from the End Time: Pillage before you burn
When I say jump you don't ask me 'How high?' maggot! You jump!
1) as there are no specific notes on the side lasguns of our humble transports, so I play them according to the standard sponson drawing (the one with the predator) The lasguns can't realisticly fire forward, but few mind, as those are merely lasguns (so they think! :lol: )
2) I always take the realistic arc of the leman russ, and as the other weapon is hull-mounted, this is generaly no problem whatsoever.
3) its a legal army. At the GT I've been lately, it was explicitely said that AC were forbidden, so i suspect it is up to the organisers...
oh yeah, welcome to 40k, have a krak grenade!
Welcome to the Empire!!
Aroured Co is an all or nothing army, you win big, or you lose big! It is definatly an Intimidating army though, and BS4 Vanquisher is sure a nice thing to have!
"A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
Sir Winston Churchil
Thanks for the responses. So to recap the their is a channel down the center of russ in which neither sponson can hit and their is no offical ruling on the chimera's lasguns
Basically, but the sponsons of the russ arent 180 degrees. they dip in a bit, so about 6" infront of the russ, their firing arcs would meet.
Great, thank you. I have been looking for a reason to use sponsons and without the angle in you would almost never be able to fire both of the same target.Originally posted by Robizzle@Jan 13 2005, 11:55
Basically, but the sponsons of the russ arent 180 degrees. they dip in a bit, so about 6" infront of the russ, their firing arcs would meet.[snapback]301701[/snapback]