Witch Hunters And Allies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, after reading that bike tactica...I was pretty impressed. I'm currently just workng my ideal 500 point set up, so that's the limit I have to play with.

I've been contemplating a few things, seeing as the WitchHunters are low on tank busting power that isn't an exorcist I've figured bikes with melta guns wouldn't be a bad choice.

Really, I do love the sisters...but the fact is to me that they are too expensive of models for me and are in most regards : Women space marines.....That cost more. Their redeeming value is their faith points, which makes me want to keep them...Makes a hard choice.

Thusly I was considering splicing IG regements with grenade launches (2 of them) + A ranged based inquisitor for a 500 point army. The bike squad does both duties of leveling their tanks/really giving it to their infantry and the Guard + Inquisitor stay at a range and lob grenade shots/ plasma cannon shots at what ever's left.

My problem is :

How do I wedge them in there points wise with an army that will support them?

Are they worth the loss of faithpoints and the armour busting power of Divine Guidance?

For that matter, a Vindicar assassin is just as good at killing things ( better depending on the situation) , about the same points costs, can penetrate vehicles and is all around quite the ass kicker. ...+ I get to use faithpoints and the sisters...Are bikes that good to justify it?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i cant stand bikes. i suggest just using as many lascannons as you can...or do tau and have a str 10 ap 1 twin linked rail gun.

just me.
    :ph34r: ninja
    Space Wolves: 3000+pts.
    Tau: 1000+pts.
    dark elves: work in progress

record:an ungodly amount of games i dont even know.

I am a pirate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rook....are you proposing using IG, sisters and SM in one list? you are not allowed to do that. Personally in a 500 point list....bikes are not worth it. a minimum squad will run you 105 points without any upgrades...or somewhere close to that. over 20% of your list in only 3 models...I would much rather take 10 guardsmen with a plasma gun and a remnants squad with another for less than 105...or even 26 conscripts...much better than 3 bikes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I realize that SM wouldn't be an option with sisters.

Since I believe IG can only have their Storm Troopers inducted...but I very well may be wrong.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Originally posted by Blah-Blah@Jan 15 2005, 205
    Rook....are you proposing using IG, sisters and SM in one list? you are not allowed to do that. Personally in a 500 point list....bikes are not worth it. a minimum squad will run you 105 points without any upgrades...or somewhere close to that. over 20% of your list in only 3 models...I would much rather take 10 guardsmen with a plasma gun and a remnants squad with another for less than 105...or even 26 conscripts...much better than 3 bikes
    [snapback]304024[/snapback]
    A few things..

Can't take 26 Conscripts. Either 20 or 30, take your pick.

Conscripts suck at shoot. Suck in CC. Have sucky armour saves. Sucky leadership. Average everything else.

Bikes can move 24". They have a great armour save (turned to Invlunerable when turbo boosting). Have SM stats (duh, haha) which are much, much better than Conscripts (who generally won't hit, shooting or CC).

Bikes can also take special weapons or heavy weapons (Attack Bikes, anyone?). For a 500 point list it won't be worth it, I agree, but going up the lines to 1000 I'd say include them for sure! Bikes are some of my favourite units in the game. ^_^

+ Reply to Thread