Furioso Or Normal? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey all u BA players! Im new to BA and I was thinking of getting a Dred for my army. Now which Dred should I use? Furioso or the normal one? I play Tau and Crons mainly among other things.

Thx for the advice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by chickenpowder@Jan 15 2005, 16:18
    Hey all u BA players! Im new to BA and I was thinking of getting a Dred for my army. Now which Dred should I use? Furioso or the normal one? I play Tau and Crons mainly among other things.

Thx for the advice.
    [snapback]303625[/snapback]
    I think You should use Furioso Dread... Cuz Ba's greatest advantage is CC...
    Use it well... Maybe u should use both of them...

Take Care
    “Three Legions of Marines stand to defend you, sire. All of us will unflinchingly place ourselves between you and the war’s desolation. We are the greatest humans ever born – we are the flame of Humanity where the rest of the galaxy is just the spark. In centuries of warfare, against the vileness of the alien, the lies of the heretic, the foulness of the mutant, I have never known fear – but your silence terrifies me.?

Primarch Sanguinius of the Blood Angels

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't use the Furioso dread because you need to get it into cc to be effective. I mean if your dread is making a beeline for cc, then it becomes an even bigger threat for your opponent and at armor 12...well.... Thats why I prefer a normal dread, good firepower and because it has no ccw (well mine doesn't anyway), people ignore it when it gets in close, and then it kicks butt in cc even though it has reduced strength and doesn't ignore armor saves.
    Current Armies-
    Slaanesh (CSM)
    Daemonhunters
    Empire
    High Elves (BloodBowl)

Warseer Blood Bowl League

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Against Tau a Furioso is just overkill in close combat, you don't need all of that raw power against the little wimps :p Battlesuits might be a little harder to crack but an assault squad with a powerfist should take care of them. And anyway, getting a slow walking tank into close combat against one of the shootiest armies in 40k is just asking for hot plasma death :)
    There's a similar problem against Necrons. They can just shoot everything they have at you because they can all glance vehicles, (I'm pretty sure) and again there's not much you need the strength of a dreadnought to kill, unless he brings a C'tan...

I recommend an assault cannon/missile launcher dread against both. If you want a more assaulty dread you could get what used to be the standard BA dread: multimelta and CC weapon, looks cool but has a short range.
    You could buy a Furioso and mailorder a metal weapon arm to make a dread that can switch arms, or you could buy the regular dread and order a Furioso right arm and an extra claw for the left arm to make them match. That way you can try out what works best yourself.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it all depends on weather you want a good cc ba army or a good shooting ba army. i'd take the fruioso dreadnought cause i like cc. another idea would to have one of each iin your army. that could be deadly, one for covering fire and the other for cc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by chickenpowder@Jan 15 2005, 14:18

Thx for the advice.
    [snapback]303625[/snapback]

It depends what you want a dread for, but furioso dreadnoughts aren't worth it against armies without much armour while the normal dread is more balanced, has good cc ability and good firepower so IMHO is better.
    [COLOR=red]FOR THE EMPEROR AND SANGUINIUS~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say Furioso and drop pod him into action. My shooty dreds usually die fast and I am looking forward to making a drop pod and see how much more survivable he becomes.
    ...and you will know my name is the lord, when I strike down my vengence upon thee...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

Furioso is still useless as even if you drop pod that's a turn he sits there and can't assault. He is ineffective against tau plain and simple as you just need *marines* in combat, not a dreadnought

My problem with BA dreadnoughts is that they are a heavy support choice. If you play 40k a lot against decent opponents you will understand the huge penalty it is deploying your dreadnought as a heavy instead of an elite, it really counters its effectiveness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but putting him behind a hill can usually combat this and you can bring him out when your ready. However it definitly hurts on missions where you have to be so far away from an enemy, which means that you could surrendering most of the board in order to save your dread. Personally I find him worth the pts... especially since I don'y use most of my HS slots.
    Current Armies-
    Slaanesh (CSM)
    Daemonhunters
    Empire
    High Elves (BloodBowl)

Warseer Blood Bowl League

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The standard dread is a workhorse of my armies, usually just the A/C with S/Boltor variant. However if you wanted that Furioso in CC all you really have to do is use a drop pod. I would imagine any Tau player would cringe at the sight of a Furioso dreadnought drop podding in behind there lines.

-Invicticus
    Current Armies:
    Ultramarines (4000pts)
    Current form: 4-1-0
    Win vs Orks (1000pts)
    Draw vs Orks (1000pts)
    Win vs Space Wolves (1000pts)

Dark Eldar (1000pts)
    Current form: 3-0-1
    Loss vs Imperial Guard (1000pts)
    Win vs Chaos, Slaanesh (1000pts)
    Win vs Orks (1000pts)