Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Okay just came home with my new vindicator... first its way smaller then my rhinos, second it wont go to-freakin-gether. The front part thats metal is bigger then the front face which makes the two sides extend out instead of comming together with the middle peice. Also the armor plates don't fit right, they don't go together (leaving an open gap between the three). All in all im pretty pissed at this 63$ piece of junk...anyone have similier trouble building the vindicator? or is just my kit and I should return it?
$63!? Where in hell did you get that; I belive it is only 40 USD, oh , canadian money, riight.
You. probably need to file it down with a file and use a hacksaw. That solves any serious fitting probs.
Where's your Baritone Saxophone?
Don't own a hacksaw or anything that can cut/trim metal...I just thought it wierd since all my other tank kits (IG, Eldar, and rhino) went together fine, but this one has some major issues (besides trying to glue huge slabs of metal to plastic).Originally posted by Grand Master Overcannon@Jan 15 2005, 22:22
You. probably need to file it down with a file and use a hacksaw. That solves any serious fitting probs.[snapback]304099[/snapback]
The front metal piece, the demolisher cannon, should only be a couple millimetres bigger than the rhinos front facing (at least it is on mine). i take it you have the GW model right? you dont glue on any of the rhinos front plastic panels if your putting the demolisher cannon on. about the side metal panels, have you got them in the right order?. they should go together pretty flush, the smoke stacks should be glued on after the panels.
EDIT: this is a picture of the front panel on my vindicator
The Holy Bolter
998. model bolter: Godwyn pattern with ammo counter, sinister/dexter lock mechanism and sickle magazine with 30 rounds of .75 calibre bolts with diamantine tips, depleted deuterium core & mass reactive detonators. Fires in 4 round bursts.
"A bolter is a treasured weapon; but in the hands of a Space Marine it is a divine instrument of the Emperor's wrath"
Originally posted by 311+Jan 15 2005, 22:16--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(311 @ Jan 15 2005, 22:16)</div><div class='quotemain'> first its way smaller then my rhinos,[snapback]304064[/snapback][/b]
I don't know if you planned to or not, but you have purchased the old Vindicator model, built on the hull of the previous edition Rhino. You should not have paid that much for it even though that's what GW is charging in their stores. Unfortunately your only options are to get a new Rhino and 1) get the Forgeworld conversion which is expensive, 2) a home conversion, usually a german sturm tank, or 3) get the metal bits, the one's you already have, and use them on the new RhinoWelcome to GW models, for which you pay a premium price to get very average quality.Originally posted by 311@Jan 15 2005, 22:16
second it wont go to-freakin-gether.[snapback]304064[/snapback]
<!--QuoteBegin-311@Jan 15 2005, 22:16
I should return it?[snapback]304064[/snapback][/quote]
I would. Or keep it, use the old Rhino hull for scenery like a wrecked vehicle, and use the Vini pieces on a new Rhino hull.
Now, I don't like arguing with Global mods, but Wolf Raider is wrong. It's not impossible to assemble an old Vindicator. I assembled mine a few months ago, and it was the second-most frustrating model to assemble, but it is possible to assemble it. Don't give up just yet!
I could NOT assemble mine without using some extra stuff to keep it together. For the sides, I used thin sheets of plastic to fill in the gaps that I had trouble with, and the left side is still slightly loose to this day.
However, I've found a new strategy at tackling this problem. I figured it out when I attempted to model my LRC (definetly the most difficult model to assemble that I've come accross).
I couldn't fit the bolters together. I tried rubber bands, wrenches, etc. Then, since I didn't have green stuff, I used a piece of clay (the cheap modeling kind that comes in different colors that gets cooked in the oven [You can find it at a local crafts store]) to hold the metal/plastic pieces together. I covered it with superglue, and lo and behold, it became stiff. So far, it has never failed me.
To get about five packs of green stuff worth of the clay I'm talking about, it's about $2 (in America at least, maybe 2.50 in canada).
Hope this helps.
Okay, the pic helped (shows that there is suppose to be seperation) but the ramp in the back just doesn't fit together right, leaving an open space between the ramp and the back part of the vindacator. Also the top metal peices are suppose to cover the whole area which allows it to connect with the front piece (where the cannon is)...and it doesn't. This is by far the worst model I have purchased (that includes other types of models like aircraft, tanks with over 400 pieces) and I think im just going to return it because I was looking to make it very impressive visually and with all the problems its just not going to happen.
I had the same probleme with my vindicator you must use some glue to let the flank armour plates and fill them with putty or clay
DonÂ´t mess with the dicegod
I really don't see why I should have to pay more money to get a kit to go together, I have modeling tools yes, but I have to draw the line somewhere..I mean GW made the kit not me!
word .. return it
they shouldnt be selling you the old model in the first place