Gm And Bc Model - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gm And Bc Model

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

I have been doing some searching and drawing a blank. Perhaps this is the wrong part of this forum for this, if it is please let me know where I should be going.

Anyway I am wondering what models are being used to represent the Brother Captain and GrandMaster in armies as well as what changes people choose to add. As far as I can tell there is no GW made model that is the GrandMaster and the only Bother Captain model is the one for Stern.

Any advise and guidance appreciated greatly.

Axit

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use Stern as my GM.

Its a nice model and he stands out from the rest of the GKTs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a regular Brother Captain model, he looks like a regular terminator but with some cloth and stuff.

As for the GM, most use BC Stern, and "alot" (or atleast a few) have added wings (I use some kind of eagle wings, mEGALO uses swooping hawqs if I recall right)

There have been a topic like this one a few weeks ago, can't remember what it was called though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

There's a Search function on the forum for a reason. I searched for "Grand Master", and on the first page of results got both of these useful threads:
    Grand Master
    Suggestions for a GM
    You have four real options:
    -Convert the BC Stern model.
    -Convert a GK Terminator Brother-Captain model.
    -Convert a GK Terminator model.
    -Make your own.
    Everyone has their own ideas, and their own model for a GM. Using Stern or the GKT Brother-Captain as the base are the most common, by far. A simple arm swap can make a decent GM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the response.

This morning I found the Brother Captain model on the online store list in the details for the Terminator Squad box.

Going to go to the topics mentioned above as I hope to find people mentioning which models they selected to convert to a nice GM. Right now I am looking for a cool base model and love to hear other peoples ideas.

Axit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Following on from this - I am quite dissapointed to see that there is only one Justicar model for the GKPA squads - you'd have thought that they would have the decency to release at least two poses so that each of your required troop choices could have a different one each.

Has anyone noticed that the plastic space marine sets for command group and for commander (by himself) contain some seriously nice weapons and bits ? The company champion model in the command group set has a helmet that is identical to a GK, and the commander has an arm option with the 'flared' shoulder pad, just like GK too.

I was thinking about maybe having a hack with this lot for my second Justicar model.

Anybody already had a go at this ? Any luck ? Sugestions ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

I think the easiest way to make a "new" justicar is to greenstuff some robes into a regular GK, since that's the only difference between the models. Or use actual fabric and soak it in glue so it's preserved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I currently only have one squad of grey knights but when i get my second one I think i'll just give my justicar the NFW sword. In my first squad I gave him a halberd off one of the regular grey knights and gave the other grey knight the sword, it looks pretty good I think. (I used the halberd of the grey kight who is facing to the right.)
    Psychic-Construct of the Codex necromancers design team
    Books of the Imperium;
    29. Thou shalt not use they bolter to kill bees.
    74. Thy shalt not tip the Terminators over during battle.
    Codex Necromancers:
    http://www.freewebs.com/fortyk/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i suggest using all of the above methods. i like to use arm swaps. the codex suggests that there is much more variability in what is used as a force weapon(see the description in the armoury..."axes") so i use many weaponry bits from the fantasy range - mix it up, the justicar need not have a sword etc. head swaps work well too, and are also realatively easy. of late i have been repositioning arms, and (if your more experienced as a converter - torsos, cut of the gk at the wase and at the greaves and use the plastic waist and upper thigh portion from a regular smurf (plastic) which is easy to reposition. this works for arms too. also, try using thin plasticard for tabbards/ banners/cloth/seals instead of gs. cut it in the shape you want and then (carefully) use a lighter to create folds etc. it takes practice but can be quite nice for long lasting stuff. add chain, imperial segals etc.
    same works for converting a termi to a bc or gm. i like to start with a regular termi as a "fresh palate." be sure to use a particularly ornate weapon for the force weapon :wub: . if you need tips/ideas pm me- i love conversions and i think im pretty damn good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by funnymouth@Jan 19 2005, 11:56
    i suggest using all of the above methods. i like to use arm swaps. the codex suggests that there is much more variability in what is used as a force weapon(see the description in the armoury..."axes") so i use many weaponry bits from the fantasy range - mix it up, the justicar need not have a sword etc. head swaps work well too, and are also realatively easy. of late i have been repositioning arms, and (if your more experienced as a converter - torsos, cut of the gk at the wase and at the greaves and use the plastic waist and upper thigh portion from a regular smurf (plastic) which is easy to reposition. this works for arms too. also, try using thin plasticard for tabbards/ banners/cloth/seals instead of gs. cut it in the shape you want and then (carefully) use a lighter to create folds etc. it takes practice but can be quite nice for long lasting stuff. add chain, imperial segals etc.
    same works for converting a termi to a bc or gm. i like to start with a regular termi as a "fresh palate." be sure to use a particularly ornate weapon for the force weapon :wub: . if you need tips/ideas pm me- i love conversions and i think im pretty damn good.
    [snapback]306904[/snapback]
    How about using a spear for a NFW? I've never seen or heard of a GK model with a NFW in that shape but when I read Grey Knights by Ben Counter he mentions a Justicar with just such a weapon. I think it would be suitable for a GK hero because it is probably the least common type of NFW out there. I will just have to be sure to make its suitably ornate.
    “ Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man. ” - Thomas Paine

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast