Librarium Online Forums banner

Beak Helmets

3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  flippantremark 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of making my entire space marine army out of marines with beak helmets, but I don't know where to get a hold of any (please don't tell me to get them from tac squad boxes). I looked on the GW online store and I couldn't find a cheap way to get some there either. :( Can anyone help?

#4 ·
Originally posted by Knape97@Jan 16 2005, 14:39
There is always the classic metal beakies avalible from mail order (only about 3 of them that arn't the really old style ones). Short of that there is only the option of Tactical boxes and the 3-4 beakies in them.
[snapback]304487[/snapback]​
I hate to break it to you, but the next tactical squad box won't have any beakies at all, because people complained to GW. If you don't believe me, see for yourself. (copy and paste address)

http://www.vovin.de/artikel/marines.html

#6 ·
That photo dosnt show any heads at all. (Maybe one)
The second half of the spru wasnt visible in the picture, I would guess their torsos and heads would be on that one.

GW won't give up the beekies, Unless they start making all the marine armor a standard. All the same torso, same leg armor, same helmets, same shoulders. But I have not heard anything about that, and their new marine boxs (vets, command) have beekies availible, so I think they will be around for this next generation of marines.

I personally love them, when i started all marines had beeks in the rtb001 set and it was awsome.

As far as getting your hands on some you'll have to ask around with friends, and maybe offer to buy some. other than that I think your out of luck.
-GM

#7 ·
Originally posted by Ezekiel1990@Jan 16 2005, 20:42
I hate to break it to you, but the next tactical squad box won't have any beakies at all, because people complained to GW. If you don't believe me, see for yourself. (copy and paste address)

http://www.vovin.de/artikel/marines.html
[snapback]304491[/snapback]​
Seen those pics before, but I cant see one pic that shows the complete contents of the new tactical box, let alone one that shows the heads for the box. What pic gives the impression that there will be no more beakies?

#8 ·
Originally posted by Knape97+Jan 16 2005, 15:39--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Knape97 @ Jan 16 2005, 15:39)</div><div class='quotemain'>There is always the classic metal beakies avalible from mail order (only about 3 of them that arn't the really old style ones). Short of that there is only the option of Tactical boxes and the 3-4 beakies in them.
[snapback]304487[/snapback]​
[/b]

3-4? My tac boxes only had 2 corvus helmets in them. :(

<!--QuoteBegin-wolfkin
@Jan 16 2005, 15:51
The standard helmet is pretty much a Corvus (beaky) helmet with the nose cut off.

You could very easily mould this 'beak' back on using small amounts of Green Stuff or a similar product.

I've seen it done and it's barely noticable.

Wolfkin
[snapback]304495[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Any links?

#9 ·
Originally posted by red_talon@Jan 16 2005, 20:57
Any links?
No sorry, this was something I saw in the flesh so to speak, not something I saw pictures of.

As I remember, it was done by making mini 'concorde' noses out of green stuff then moulding them onto the helmet. Then whilst still wet, a sharp scalpal was used to make the vents down either side.

Until it was pointed out to me I didn't even notice they had been modelled on.

Why not just try one or two, the worst that can happen is you lose a little green stuff and a couple of helmets.

And if this ends up in the modelling Forum I apologise.

wolfkin

#12 ·
You know, I don't think GW will do away with the Corvus helmet.

Given that Shrike is being released wearing one it would indicate that GW still see it as a viable helmet option. This helmet is especially good on Ravenguard, Ravenwing and assault troops.

Incidentally, anyone having purchased the new Veteran squad will know that it also has a beaky in it.

Best to stop crying about it until we know for sure eh??!!!

wolfkin

#14 ·
In north america we have the "phonebook". You can order them through that. Not sure what the part number is but all stores that carry GW stuff should have one.

#15 ·
Originally posted by Chaosbrynn@Jan 17 2005, 15:29
In north america we have the "phonebook". You can order them through that. Not sure what the part number is but all stores that carry GW stuff should have one.
[snapback]305076[/snapback]​
That would be what we call "mail order" i think. Anywho, i dont believe they could supply just the helms as they come as part of the spru... and whos likely to want to buy the remaining headless marines.

Back to the greenstuff comment from earlier, here's the best pic i can find of a greenstuffed Corvus helm.

#16 ·
#18 ·
They look more like crusader style helmets.
More of a medieval knights helm than an mk6 beakie

GW UK have plenty of MkBeakie models in their classic collection. They are done in a much different style than the modern day models. More styalised and slightly smaller.

I think it's looking like greenstuffing noses onto regular MkVII helms is the way to go. As a Tyranid player, surely greenstuff is nothing new to you :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.