Justicars Can Take Psycannons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Games Workshop Daemonhunters Faq from 3.0

Q: Are psycannons legal for Justicars/Grey Knight Heroes
    A: Yes indeed (see terminology note on page 20)
    Page 4, located midway down.

Where's your Baritone Saxophone?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking that that FAQ is outdated as it has been made very clear many times leading to now that justicars can NOT take psycannons.
    “ Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man. ” - Thomas Paine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

That's a classic screw up on their part. They included GK Hero in that - GK Heroes can, Justicars can not. GW has addressed that specific mistake multiple times through phone calls and emails, and every time has stated that Justicars CANNOT have psycannons.

I'm sick of this debate, someone brings it up every month or so. There've got to be 15-20 threads where someone found some new proof or a loophole that they think will allow it. Just let it go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh, so the only way is the Artificer armor loophole. But that is an even greater waste of points.

Somtimes it just stinks when they make an odd mistake.

Ok, I get why they has a three next to it; the elites choice brother capitain.

Well, whatever, it just seems odd finding it in writing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Grand Master Overcannon@Jan 17 2005, 19:27
    Ahh, so the only way is the Artificer armor loophole. But that is an even greater waste of points.

Somtimes it just stinks when they make an odd mistake.

Ok, I get why they has a three next to it; the elites choice brother capitain.

Well, whatever, it just seems odd finding it in writing.
    [snapback]305585[/snapback]
    Articifer armor is still considered power armor. Thus, Justicars can *never* change their weapons. They can choose Wargear from the armory only. GK Heroes and terminator BCs can change their weapons. As Megalo said, numerous people have emailed/phoned and actually gotten a concensus from GW. (I personally emailed this question, and received a 'No' to Justicars).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a reason I said "Loophole"

It means wording says yes, but logical rules explanation (the "Spirit") says no. I don't see why it is considered power armor, but the only thing that tends to occur is overpricings and penalties with artificer armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

This is something I was also wandering about as I have seen it mentioned in several posts here stating that Justicars CAN NOT have Psycannons.

Yet the text on the Grey Knight Troop option said that up to two members of the squad can replace their weapons with the Psycannon. Now I am new to Daemonhunters but my understanding is that the Justicar is a member of the squad.

So it would appear that they can take the Psycannon. :rofl:

However I see the other posts on this and can now understand ... As it is there would be no Justicar model with a Psycannon for WYSISYG as the metal models weapon is part of the figure. :lol:

Axit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Just underneath where it says the "Up to two models..." part, there's a whole paragraph about what weapons and equipment that the Justicar can take. It says he has access to the armoury. And in the Armoury, it states that GK in power armor cannot buy psycannons (or any other weapons, for that matter), since the NFW/stormbolter is the holy weapon of the order.

No, you cannot give a Justicar a psycannon under any circumstances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by mEGALOMANIAC@Jan 18 2005, 08:54
    Just underneath where it says the "Up to two models..." part, there's a whole paragraph about what weapons and equipment that the Justicar can take. It says he has access to the armoury. And in the Armoury, it states that GK in power armor cannot buy psycannons (or any other weapons, for that matter), since the NFW/stormbolter is the holy weapon of the order.

No, you cannot give a Justicar a psycannon under any circumstances.
    [snapback]305737[/snapback]

Ahhh I see the light.

Sorry but as I said I am new to WH 40K and any changes in the past 6 years or so and even what I remember from before that is rusty.

So the Justicar is counted as a Character and must have the options listed there if he is to be able to take the upgrades.

Also as mentioned the Armory page is quite clear on who can take from the weapons list and the Justicar is not included.

Thanks.

Axit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This whole area needs some proper, written, posted-in-a-faq clarification from GW, don't you think ?

<RANT>

I think that it is really poor that so many people are confused by this contradictory rule. I am also quite surprised that they didn&#39;t mention this in the V4.0.1 faq that was issued when the new rules came out.

Plus the codex went through a reprint (now in second issue) so it could have been fixed there.

Booo&#33;
    I pay good money for this stuff (thirty quid for a box of terminators - I must be mad) come on GW - sort this out&#33;

:realmad:

</RANT>

ahh that&#39;s better ^_^

+ Reply to Thread