Sister Of Battle Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey im planning on collecting a warhammer army or another 40k army most of my friend tell me to go 40k and im planning on going with witch hunters and im hope you guys can help me construct a army list. im aimng for about 500 points first than 1000 points if you got any idea about the army list please post it here so i can get ideas

LeArN HoW To lOsE BeFoRe YoU LeArN TO WiN

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that's a complex question. You have to get the codex and read it first, then decide what kind of witchhunter army you want: A Sisters of Battle dominated force, or an inquisitorial force with storm troopers. Then we can help you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sister force because i dont really like imperial guards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your going to need a Cannoness(or palantine) and two squads of sisters then. That takes care of 300 points right away. It is good practice to take a third troop choice, and your probably going to want to give equipment to those units. I would estimate that to bee about 500 points once you give them every thing they need(usually some equipment for the Cannoness, veteran sister superiors, and a melta gun for anti-tank power). After that its simply a matter of taste and style. Saraphim could easily mop up another 250 points. Dominions would probably be another 150 points. Retributors, depending on what you give them might weigh in at 250 points, or as little as 55. Many agree that the exorcist is the most powerfull unit in the witch hunters army, so you may want to consider one. Penitent engines are also quite nice in a group of 3.

You should also give some consideration to elites. Celestians are a great alternative to squads of battle sisters and could replace your third troop choice. Repentia and Arco-Flagellents are extremely specialized, and difficult to use (though both are undeniably powerfull). An inquisiter is also usefull, for getting plasma cannons (very good guns) and allowing the use of assassins and orbital strikes. Priest are also usefull for climbing the tech-tree, though I would argue them usefull for much more.

Thats a quick overview of well..... the entire Witch Hunters codex. My best advice for you is to have a large base of troops( or celestians since they are basically better battle sisters). Its tempting to take three heavy supports right away in army list, but few battles are won by anything but infantry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonderfully concise Shiver.
    You rock (Y)

It's sages like yourself that really make this forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

penitant sounds good
    so the lsit will look like this

cannoness with a plasma pistol and power weapon
    2x10 sister 1 sister superior and 1 with stormbolter and 1 with heaveybolter
    5xseraphin sister superior 1 seraphin with hand flamers 3 with bolters
    3xpenitent engines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds like a nice list. The heavy bolter can't be taken by regular troop choices unfortunately. You probably need more anti tank power, since the only thing you have for that is the 3 penitent engines (who are lightly armored and unpredictable, yet very awsome). Those need to get within hand-to-hand combat to take out a tank too, very difficult since they charge the closest enemy. It doesn't take a very large modification to your list to get some anti tank power though

Consider giving the Saraphim Melta-bombs. While it will probably be more difficult to tank hunt with sararphim than a squad of space marines with Lascannons, it is ultimately more affective in skilled hands. The Meltabombs will make them one of the best anti-tank units you can find though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Priest!

Need a Priest to field Pennitents. Same as Arco Flagellants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OH thats right!

Don't forget to really customize your priest. I find that the models they have are really boring otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about expanding it to a 750 pts list

canonness
    priest

elites
    6xarco flagelants

troops
    10xsisters of battle with siter superior with 2 storm bolters in chinera
    10xsis of battle with sis superior with storm bolter and heavy flamer in rhino
    space marine tatical squad with plasma gun and las cannon with vetran sergeant power fist

fast attack
    5xseraphin 1 with hand flamers

heavey support
    1 penitent engine
    retributo squad with 4 heavy bolters or a immorlator

hows the tatical squad with the space marines
    is that a good list

i doubt this is a 750 ots lsit more like a 1000pts more more

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast