Terminators shoot heavy weapons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK.... i read in a book somewhere and it said terminators can shoot heavy weapons while moving in the same turn?? Also, What makes the chapters soo different and so popular to use? i have seen many upon many ppl play BT, one Dark Angels, and nothing else. i have never seen a Ultra Marines, which are supposed to be the most popular chapter. I am using UM currently but i wanna know y use black templar?? or anything else??

EDIT-- Are Attack bikes and regular bikes worth having?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's right, Terminators can move and shoot, don't remember exactly where the rule is, but most likely it's with the rules for Terminator armor.

Playing a different chapter is fun because some of the chapters have special rules which make them different armies in their own effect. Ultramarines are plain, but some people play them just because a lot of the other ones get called cheesy on occasion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i find attack bikes and bikes worth having, but my Ravenwing are better than standard bikes. I use them to give a bit of support to my assault marines and race in for a few extra attacks in combat.

if you go for a more shooty army, then no, bikes are not really any use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shooty as in stand back and fire away.. like lascannons and plasma cannons and the such alrighty then. thx for the help. what special rules do BT get? and what special abilities do space wolves get?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Templars are a close combat army and have lots of special rules to help them in close combat and they have vows (can't tell you what they do 'cause its copyright) and Bikes are well worth having in any close combat army! They rock so do Attack Bikes.
    The Black Templar rules and army list entry are in codex:armageddon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BT, BA and Space wolves have close combat advantages over other chapters- this means that one on one, the above will have the advantage in close combat.
    However, this is typically at the expense of some shootiness (e.g. lack of devestators, unpredictability)

DA and Salamanders are considered the two shootiest space marine chapters as their rules emphasise shooting (e.g. more guns of one sort in a squad). However, i have certainly heard of ppl with the above 2 chapters basing their armies around close combat

Ultramarines/other chapters are the classic "versatile" army- they can do practically ANYTHING, assault, shoot and combinations

In the end, it boils down to your personal taste as to which of the above u take (i love assaults&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK thanks everyone. i really needed that help. but now this means that i have to change my chapter again.... it went from Aurora chapter to ultramarnies and now to something that focuses on being shooty. so u say to go with Salamanders was it? or DA? well, all i need to know does codex:armageddon have all the Chapter rules? all i need to know is that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dark angels have their own codex and salamanders r in codex armageddon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dark angels have also 2 special armies.

the deathwing comprised of only TERMINATORS!!!.

pricy army, but could be interesting..

The RavenWing, comprised of only space marines on vehicles such as bikes , land speeders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone in terminator armor can move and fire a heavy weopon in the same turn

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast