Help! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

right...i have just started to collect a deamonhunters army. i am very new to this hobby and need a bit of a push...

so far, i only have 500pts (grand master, 4 terminators and 1 brother captain, 5 stormtroopers, 5 stormtroopers 1 with plasma gun)

don't have any tactics as yet coz i know only one other person who collects 40K

so thats my problem...can anyone help with tactics or improvements or whatever your good at?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd work on getting your forces up. Buy some Grey Knight space Marines, and work on getting a retinue for your Inquisitor.

As for Tactics, if you have a decent number of Grey Knights, you should be pretty well set. Just get them into close combat and they should be able to handle anything without much problems.

Also, consider using a Grey Knight unit with the Teleport Attack, and giving them a homing beacon. This works wonders with some planning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also, try locating a local gaming club, you might be able to get your experience up this way, maybe make a few friends even and really enjoy wh40k.

anyway, good luck with it, daemonhunters are really powerful when used correctly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers guys!
    i'll put all that to good use (and start winning something)!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, thanks to you two up there *looks up*, ive done a lot of mmming and ahhing over what you said...and talked to my self quite a bit as well.

i now have on paper...
    grey knight grandmaster with master crafted force weapon.
    also with a retinue of 9 grey knight terminators (1 with psycannon)

4 grey knights and a justicar (1 with psycannon, 1 with teleport homer).
    this squad has the teleport attack option!!!

and finally, 2 squads, of 4 stormtroopers and veteran (with bolt pistol and chainsword). both these squads will either have plasmagun, meltagun, grenade launcher or krak grenades (i will choose this before the battles to allow flexibility as they are the same pts).

and of course, orbital lance stike!!! thats 990pts
    there are ten points left, allowing me a tiny tiny bit of flexibility.

any more comments will be helpfull, but im off to beg for overtime at work. desperate for money!!!

oh, yes, and to phone b'stoke GW, to find out about gaming clubs...mmm

thank you guys...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slight mistake in your list.....The teleport homer has to be ON the table to be any use....

Example: A squad with a teleport homer walks across the board then activates the homer, the squad with the teleport attack then appears next to the squad (nasty if both are then in assault range)

The homer cannot be used unless the squad with it is already on the board..(so useless in a squad with teleport attack)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm... I think it's more along the lines of, you put the teleport homer somewhere on the table before the game starts, and your deepstriking unit (in this case the Grey Knight space marines) can choose to use it or deep strike normally. What use would it be if it only affected things on the board already?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You misunderstand....one squad has the homer....which allows other squads in reserve to deep strike in next to them without scattering...The squad with the homer must be on the table in order for it to be any use for the squads in reserve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

commander lucius is right. it is used to teleport them in next to the homer without then scattering
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks guys, but i am aware of what a teleporting homer is for and how to use one...

the reason the squad has one is for flexibilty, i could use squad to deep strike as normal and then assault. the following turn everything else would turn up, mow and proceed to mow everything down, and then cut them up into little tiny pieces.
    or
    deploy the unit as normal run up the field killing, the same turn as assulting, deep strike everything, and again, as before, cut everything up into little peices...

thats the idea anyway, whether it works or not is a completly different matter, thats where you come in "commander lucius", if you are who i think you are!

still need that money though

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast