Bike Squadeon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bike Squadeon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are bike squadrons worth the points and what are good ways to use them adn the same with teh land speeders all of the classes and the try bike things umm assult bikes is what there called i think so are they worth the points and what are good ways to use them

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they arnt really any good on their own, its really is only about 5-10 guys with bolters... i use bikes (mine r elite ravenwing tho~) to support my assault squads, because they can keep up, or send them racing down the flank with a multi-melta attack bike in tow... mainly for popping the sides of tanks, and using the other bikers as sort of a living shield... bit of a waste of points, i know, but its fun to rip apart a looted basilisk trying to hide at the back corner heehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

attack bike squadrons from the mainstay of my anti tank abilities. 3 multi meltas that can move 12, fire and (typicially) destroy or cripple enemy tanks is bloody briliant for my liking. Very similar deal with Land speeders, the exception being, they are even faster

However, both of these are very vulnerable from what i have seen. Still, id rather have ppl shooting at some bikes im using for support rather than at my priceless assault squads or LRCs

ONe more thing- my main grudge against the above is the fact that they take up my fast attack slots (grrr)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so bikes are not even worth using unless you have a assult bike the be shileded then y do they even make them lol and black templar can not have assult bikes in a bike squad if they can tell me because in the book i did not see any thing about it and in army bilder it does not givbe you the option to put one in a assult bike with multii melt with the bike squad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok that made no sens

here

so bikes are worthless
    but if you are using a assult bike with a multi melt then the bikes are good for human shields rigth

but black templar can not add a assult bike to a bike squad, can they?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok : attack bike squads w/multimeltas are good against tanks- thats what i use them for

they can also be used with Heavy Bolters to clear away light infantry

However, standard bike squadrons are not worth the 35 pts each, especially with no attack bikes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bikes are great. Awsume. They can move and fire rapid fire guns and heavy weapons. They are toughness 5 space marines. they can keep up with your assault squads. You attach attack bikes to the squadron, or form attack bike squadrons. At 35points a man, they actually quite economical...

-- tsculthorpe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

actually attack bikes are quite good in cc because the riders are armed with a boltpistoleach but in cc its treated as a single model giving it 4 attacks on the chage and a tough of 5and save of 2+
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

attack bikes have 2 attacks profile and +1 for charging and use the bolt pistol to fight in close combat while they use their other hand to control the bike- therefore they have a total of 3 attacks charging, not four- only White Scars can use two close combat weapons on a bike so they can get 4 attacks

I still think bikes are a waste of points. They arent quite as manuerverable as assault marines (terrain) and they arent any way near as effective in close combat.

Shooting is another matter, against some armies bikes would be effective shooters. But they would rarely find a position where they can shoot to maximum effect and not be destroyed by an enemy counter attack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it also really depend on the army your playing a whit scracs than ya bikes are the way to go but a black templar army no way what chappter do you play.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast