Techmarine Hq - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Techmarine Hq

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking of starting an Iron Hands army, using the rules from the new codex. In terms of flavor, I was thinking about using a techmarine for an HQ choice (and they look awesome IMO). I was wondering if this would be a good idea. He seems pretty good in CC (I'd give him the full harness)-Scions of Mars give him 1 more wound, he gets 3 power weapon attacks (1 from the plasma cutter), plus 2 powerfist attacks from the servo-arms. Thing is, his WS, BS, I, and Ld are all 1 less than the commander. Is this a big deal?

Also, if he is a good idea, what would be the best retinue to use with him?

Thanks ahead of time

When Da Boss iz in da house, ma
    Stomp it like a grot
    Stomp it like a grot
    Stomp it like a grot

When da WAAAAGH! gunna git at you
    Run it like a grot
    Run it like a grot
    Run it like a grot

When da oomies got an attytude
    Pop it like a grot
    Pop it like a grot
    Pop it like a grot

Got mo' daka in me hand den a shoota boy mob and da oomies wanna run when dey see me big WAAAGH!
    -Snoop Squigg Feat. Orkimedes

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would be cool, but as for combat survivability the poor bugger will probably get his head snipped off by a Big Nob with a Power Claw. Nonetheless the theme would be real cool, dreads everywhere, techioes repairing them and so on.

-Invicticus
    Current Armies:
    Ultramarines (4000pts)
    Current form: 4-1-0
    Win vs Orks (1000pts)
    Draw vs Orks (1000pts)
    Win vs Space Wolves (1000pts)

Dark Eldar (1000pts)
    Current form: 3-0-1
    Loss vs Imperial Guard (1000pts)
    Win vs Chaos, Slaanesh (1000pts)
    Win vs Orks (1000pts)
    Win vs Space Wolves (1000pts)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what if I were too equip him with an iron halo to give him in invuln save? that'd help vs power weapons/fist and raise his survivability a bit correct? Or would it be better to just take him as a secondary HQ choice and take a chaplain or librarian as my primary? If so, I'd probably go with the librarian because the techmarine would be the Iron Father who also serves as the chaplain (mmmm fluff) I just really like that damn techmarine......
    When Da Boss iz in da house, ma
    Stomp it like a grot
    Stomp it like a grot
    Stomp it like a grot

When da WAAAAGH! gunna git at you
    Run it like a grot
    Run it like a grot
    Run it like a grot

When da oomies got an attytude
    Pop it like a grot
    Pop it like a grot
    Pop it like a grot

Got mo' daka in me hand den a shoota boy mob and da oomies wanna run when dey see me big WAAAGH!
    -Snoop Squigg Feat. Orkimedes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go with the iron father, he's an absolute monster in CC with BOTH powerfist and normal power weapon attacks, not to mention that he can shoot as much as a tactical squad before ha charges. The only bad thing is that he can't get a command squad unless you count servitors.

Give him an iron halo or an admantine mantle and he should be okey. Maybe combine a mantle with a combat shield for maximum protection?
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

It all depends what you like using your HQ for. If you like them leading the charge into CC then this is not the way to go. The missing BS and WS really do make a huge difference. You will not notice against weak enemies but as soon as something decent comes along, hes gonna get spllattered. The only reason I would ever take one of these as an HQ is if I was fielding 6 dreads.

You see the problem with the techmarine is that he is a jack of all trades master of none. He is good at shooting, good a CC and is good at support (repair vehicules) unfortunatelly he does not do any of these well enough to stick out. Trying to specialize him will only get you in more trouble as this innevitablly involves servitors and they die like they have the plague.

If your big on fluff, then do it becuase it is most certainlly fluffy. Otherwise, use one of the other HQ's. Oh, and if you field him alone make sure you give him a banner saying LASCANNON BAIT HERE
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

+ Reply to Thread