Need To Make New Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi I need to start from scratch and built a really good balanced army list of ultramarines. I want to get an army that can be effective against eldar, tyrinids and SM's, I would only care about what armies people usually plays. Oh and the army list has to be 1000 points.

Im only really into painting so Im not good at making lists.
    well here are my thoughts:
    1x tactical squad:10 man squad: 1 veteran sergent with plasma pistol, 1 heavy bolter Sm, 1 Multimelta Sm, 7sm.

1x tactical squad:10 man squad: 1 veteran sergent with plasma pistol, 1 heavy bolter Sm, 1 missile launcher Sm, 7 sm.

1x devastator squad + 5 man Sm combat squad

1x Predator with 2 lascannons

1xRhino

1xAssualt squad:10 man squad: 1 sergent with plasma pistol, the rest with pistols, all with jetpacks.

Im not sure how much points this adds up to. I just need advice on it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Well, I'm not into Ultramarines but lets see....

Your list is lacking a HQ which is a required element.

Not sure about the Multi-Melta in a tactical squad, you have to get mighty close to use it. Might be better to get a Land Speeder or an squad of Attack Bikes and use a Multi-Melta that way, with the speed needed to get it in and out again.

Are you looking to put the 5 man combat sqaud in with the Devs? if so, it's just considered a 10 man Dev squad... not a bad idea on the whole.

Predator? Yes, fine. It's really the only manouvreable muscle you have in this list.

Another Rhino and perhaps a Dreadnaught and you'll be on your way.

wolfkin
    Army:

Terminator Based Custom Chapter

http://www.terrascenic.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could be great to add a command squad and dreadnaught, rhino, and land speeder but I Don't think I can add those or I would be going over the limit.

how about this:

tac squad:10 sm's, 1 sergent plasma pistol, 1 heavy bolter, missile launcher, 7sm's.

tac squad:10 sm's, 1 sergent plasma pistol, 1 heavy bolter, missile launcher, 7sm's.

1x assualt squad: 10 sm's: 1x sergent with plasma pistol, 9 with bolt pistol and all with jetpacks.

1x predator, with two lascannons

1x rhino

1x Land speeder with multi melta

1xdev squad:10 sm's, 2 missile launcher, 2 lascannons, 2 heavy bolters, 2 plasma cannons, and 2 plasma guns.

1 Command squad.

Can anybody tell me If all that can fit in 1000 point army?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Originally posted by [Predator]@Jan 21 2005, 03:53
    It could be great to add a command squad and dreadnaught, rhino, and land speeder but I Don't think I can add those or I would be going over the limit.

how about this:

1x assualt squad: 10 sm's: 1x sergent with plasma pistol, 9 with bolt pistol and all with jetpacks.

1x predator, with two lascannons

1x rhino

1x Land speeder with multi melta

1xdev squad:10 sm's, 2 missile launcher, 2 lascannons, 2 heavy bolters, 2 plasma cannons, and 2 plasma guns.

1 Command squad.

Can anybody tell me If all that can fit in 1000 point army?
    Ok.... you can have a 10 man Dev Squad, but only 4 of them may have heavy weapons, so you'll save some points there. The rest of the sqaud take the casualties to save you losing the heavy weapons when the squad gets hit.

You don't need a command Squad so long as you have a choice from the HQ section. This can be a Librarian, a Commander or whatever else you wish. If you're stuck for points, take a commander and drop one of you tactical or assault Marines then link the Commander to the squad.

You can only have 1 heavy weapon in a tactical squad. You can take 1 heavy and 1 assault (melta-gun(not multi-melta) or plasma gun) or just take 1 heavy weapon.

Before anyone can help you further, you'll need to have the squads sorted out properly.

Wolfkin
    Army:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by wolfkin@Jan 20 2005, 22:10
    Ok.... you can have a 10 man Dev Squad, but only 4 of them may have heavy weapons, so you'll save some points there. The rest of the sqaud take the casualties to save you losing the heavy weapons when the squad gets hit.

You don't need a command Squad so long as you have a choice from the HQ section. This can be a Librarian, a Commander or whatever else you wish. If you're stuck for points, take a commander and drop one of you tactical or assault Marines then link the Commander to the squad.

You can only have 1 heavy weapon in a tactical squad. You can take 1 heavy and 1 assault (melta-gun(not multi-melta) or plasma gun) or just take 1 heavy weapon.

Before anyone can help you further, you'll need to have the squads sorted out properly.

Wolfkin
    [snapback]308363[/snapback]
    But isn't a flamer considered a heavy weapon????? And Ive been told you can have a flamer and a missile launcher in a tac squad.

And when I put down command squad I actually ment commander.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

ok.. in a Tactical Squad, 1 marine may have a heavy weapon and 1 may have an assault weapon. Yes, a flamer is an assault weapon. I use them so little I forgot about them

wolfkin
    Army:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should have 1 tac squad with heavy bolter and flamer or a plasma gun. Im not sure of Plasma guns thou, Ive been reading about them and they say it's risky... why is that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

They can blow up on you.

It would appear from the questions you're asking that you don't have the Space Marine Codex or possibly the Big Rule Book otherwise you'd know.

Seriously, you need to get those as people on here will be unable to construct your list for you.

All I can tell you right now is that the things you want to put into a 1000 point list will fit with a bit of working, but I cannot tell you how.

wolfkin
    Army:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by [Predator]@Jan 21 2005, 12:30
    Im not sure of Plasma guns thou, Ive been reading about them and they say it's risky... why is that?
    [snapback]308371[/snapback]
    But rapid-firing plasma guns are awesome! I mean look at 2 Str7 AP2 shots with BS4!!! Usually I hit once, sometimes I get lucky and get 2 hits, and once I blew up a Tau Broadside with it!!!!!
    U really don't have to worry 2 much about the plasma overheating unless u have like 4/5 plasma guns and all of them goes rapid-fire... usually the marine's 3+ save is enough to save him from burning up at his own hands.

+ Reply to Thread