Want To Start A Raven Guard Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Want to start a raven guard army and want to base it on the thrid company with shrike at the head of it. I want to know how to keep it fluffy. so any suggestion would be nice. thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so it begins that all space marines shall becom raven gaurd because they have one good guy
    my Genestealer haiku:
    Genestealers get shot
    sometimes they make close combat
    then they slice off limbs
    <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?newdeathdealer' target='_blank'>oooooohhhhhhhh button&#33;</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by mustbleedthesm@Jan 21 2005, 16:55
    so it begins that all space marines shall becom raven gaurd because they have one good guy
    [snapback]308914[/snapback]
    That was pointless, don&#39;t post unless you have something relevant to say....

Anyway I don&#39;t know much about RG except for some stuff about shrike and his wing. So yeah you definitely want to take shrikes wing if you want it to be fluffly. Its bound to be expensive but who care? Lightning Claws rock the chasba.

EDIT: your going to want alot of scouts too, thats how the whole chapter is so I would assume its the same for 3rd Company.
    “ Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man. ” - Thomas Paine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

And now for a comment that&#39;s actualy productive.

To keep it fluffy you&#39;ll want a lot of scouts and a lot of jump packs. Raven guard focus really heavily on sneak attacks, fast raids, and guerilla tactics. Lightning claws seem to be a big thing for them as well. I don&#39;t have my SM codex on hand,so I&#39;m not sure what type of chappter traiits they have, but I&#39;d say keep heavy support to a mimnum and focus mainly on infiltration and assault units. Use assault squads and landspeeders instead of bikes. It would also be good if you could get ahold of as many beakie helmets as you can find.Give them to important people first (characters,squad leaders,veterans) and then start sticking them on assault marines if you have enough left.I usualy don&#39;t like the beakie helmets, but it just makes sence for Raven Guard marines to be wearing Corvus pattern helmets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep it fast. Keep it sneaky.

Assault Marines, Land Speeders and Scouts.

I just finished building my RG army. I bought 6 boxes of Assault marines and ended up with 8 Corvus helmets. I used most of them for Shrike&#39;s Wing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, by the looks of it, they are an assaulty army. Lemme grab my codex here....

K, tonna assault marines, 2 scout squads (or maybe one big one), about 2 small SM Tactical squads, 3 razorbacks, a predator, 5 land speeders, and a dreadnought. Looks like they&#39;re going for speed. Yes, Shrike is pretty darn cool. Is he for sale yet? Just curious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another couple of weeks before Shrike lands. You can advance order him from any of the GW online stores.

I&#39;ve considered the photo of the Raven guard Vs Tau battle in the back of the Codex. The units depicted simply do not fit into a Force org chart. Either as standard Codex or using the Raven Guard Traits.

In the photo there are:

Shrike
    4 Assualt Squads
    2 Tac Squads
    1 Scout squad
    1 Techmarine
    2 Landspeeder squadrons
    1 Dreadnaught
    1 Predator
    3 Razorbacks.

Using the standard Codex that is
    HQ: 1
    Elite: 2
    Fast Attack: 6
    Troops: 3 (with 3 Razorbacks as transports)
    Heavy Support: 1

Using the Raven Guard traits
    HQ: 1
    Elite: 3 (take one Assault squad as Elite)
    Fast Attack: 8 (Razorbacks use FA slot)
    Troops: 3
    Heavy Support: 1

:huh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess Shrike is so badass he doesn&#39;t care :shifty: ..its just a picture.
    Current Armies-
    Slaanesh (CSM)
    Daemonhunters
    Empire
    High Elves (BloodBowl)

Warseer Blood Bowl League

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by thatoneguy187@Jan 21 2005, 15:23
    Want to start a raven guard army and want to base it on the thrid company with shrike at the head of it. I want to know how to keep it fluffy. so any suggestion would be nice. thank you.
    [snapback]308830[/snapback]
    If you want to keep it fluffy, go with no tanks. They are supposed to be a "Sneak through enemy lines to destroy their supply lines" type of army. That being said, a Space Marine chapter is a huge organization with a lot of equipment. The Raven Guard have been around a pretty long time, so have had the centuries required to get their full issue of equipment, unlike some newer successors that get the bare minimum to start. If you do take tanks, I would limit it to ONE and only one.

Go with lots of assault squads and scouts. Make one heavy assault squad and attach your two jump pack equipped HQ&#39;s to it. If you&#39;re doing a large army, you can go with Shrike and his retinue.

BE WARNED&#33;&#33;&#33; Every non SM player will scream CHEESE at a squad of lightning claw, jump pack, stealth, infiltrate, and scout.
    Jack of all trades, master of none.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I collect RG so i&#39;ll hlp out...basicly the RG where one of the first legions...was almost distoryed durin the horus heresy...and has had to rebuild its forces which it has done...the army is a very strike behind enermy lines...scouts, assault sqds, transports...and low tanks are used also alot of the equipment used is old so that might hlp with modling.
    True evil never dies...well that doesn&#39;t mean i can&#39;t kick it&#39;s ass&#33;

Win/Loss/Draw
    Black Legion: 6/1/0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast