Dark Angels, Blood Angels Or Space Wolves? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am looking towrds starting my own Space Marine sub-Chapter plz tell me which you like and why?

"Drive me closer so I can hit them with my sword"!
    (Says the Officer manning the pintle mounted storm bolter to the tank driver)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    414 (x8)

You get some information on these chapters here:
    Dark Angels
    Blood Angels
    Space Wolves
    Blackhat's new blog network for terrain crafters!
    www.terraincrafters.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Da- shooty
    Ba- cc/blood rage
    Sw- lots of hidden pf/pw and not alot of hw

Obviosuly I like BA, but I find them better then SW because their generally faster (jetpacks) and the deathcompany but once SW get into cc they are pretty deadly. Dark Angels are nothing like the other two..obviously they like plasma weapons.
    Current Armies-
    Slaanesh (CSM)
    Daemonhunters
    Empire
    High Elves (BloodBowl)

Warseer Blood Bowl League

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

DA - Dark, brooding loner types. Do not play well with others,especialy Space Wolves. They like plasma. They also have Deathwing and Ravenwing.

BA - Bloodthirsty cc maniacs. Calm,quiet,artistic pretty boys by day..rabid maniacle vampires by night. You get Death Company, Baal Predators, and some really spiffy special characters.

SW - Violent,drunken vikings.Also very good at cc. They get a lot of very unique,characterful units and can be lead by a dred (hey that rhymed ^_^)Plus you get to run around with big monster wolves.They really don't like the Dark Angels.

yup..that's it...basicly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by 311@Jan 21 2005, 197
    Dark Angels are nothing like the other two..obviously they like plasma weapons.
    [snapback]308926[/snapback]
    Dark Angels have the capability of out-shooting anything (before anyone argues, remember Deathwing, etc) without falling back. They can pretty much get nuked and stay fighting.

They also have the cooler paint scheme (dark, gothic, what 40k is about) of the three (grey = dull, red in a war? come on.).

Dreadnoughts with plasma cannon for 115 pts is a deal (no overheat), though you will obviously need to buy the forgeworld model.

Blood Angels are good if you like your guys to run forwards when you want them to stand and shoot. I used to play them, it was really a pain.

Space wolves are good for lots of power fists attacks, and their wolf guard termies are almost as cool as the Deathwing.
    Faith be my shield and determination my sword.
    May the Emperor's wisdom ever guide us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea or you could play a force that are semi-heretics. As for being able to outshoot anything I would strongly disagree...your telling me you can outshoot my guard, lol nice one. Im also pretty sure camo doesn't make a big difference in 40k except for the average guardsmen, I mean space marines have lots of sensors, tyranids have good vision/smell. While I do agree that dark angels have some cool minis (robes) you can use them for any force (just remember to sand down the symbols). While Black rage can be a pain, its a chance you take for getting marines that cost the same as normal ones but you get furious charge. Also having a dread rage 6, then move 6 then assault 6... :lol: and it does happen. Also the DC can beat anything in cc especially on the charge (which is what usually happens since you get jetpacks for free if you pay for the chaplains). Think about it, 3 powerfists that you get to reroll to hit..not much can stand up to that.
    Current Armies-
    Slaanesh (CSM)
    Daemonhunters
    Empire
    High Elves (BloodBowl)

Warseer Blood Bowl League

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking about the Dark Angels because they look cool and I collect Imperial Guard and some Daemonhunters so it would go good. Cool Capes!!
    "Drive me closer so I can hit them with my sword"!
    (Says the Officer manning the pintle mounted storm bolter to the tank driver)

Junior Member inquisitor augustus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would reccomend dark angels as their special characters rock( termies as troops!) and they are exceptionly gunny but you can convert them into just about anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just head to your local hobby store and read through all 3 codex's. Well read through the SW and DA codex's and download the BA's from the GW main site. Then go with the one that appeals to you the most. I play SW's because i like the fluff and the rules for the Ven dread leader and the rune priest(psyker) ability to summon cover in the form of a snow storm. Plus most of all I just really like the theam of space barbarians, all my bloodclaws carry axe's i got out of a dwarf bits box instead of chain swords. Rules change, tactics change but my wolfs will always be wolfs, BA's will always be beserker vampires, and DA's will always be all dark and emo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GauntsGhost View Post
    I was thinking about the Dark Angels because they look cool and I collect Imperial Guard and some Daemonhunters so it would go good. Cool Capes!!

Okay look pal it's quite simple really. we can't tell you what to like. you like what you like and that's that. So ask yourself which army type you are going for. Dark Angels have the flexibility of three different army types. Deathwing (I don't care what anyone says) are quite hard to play with. Ravenwing will be super nasty until the new edition rules, after they will go down to just being very nasty. and regular Dark angels don't budge whereever you put them which is pretty sweet. If you go for them I recommend you start of with reg DA and then move onto RW or DW if you so choose.

Blood Angels are very similar and very different. they field a steady mix of shooting and CC but at the end of the day it all boils down to CC. they are two completely different armies though.

after deciding which army type you want, it's down to which Image and Background. whichever chapter's history and models appeal to you most is the one to go for.
    I would advise waiting til they redo Space wolves though if you choose them.

I myself chose DA all those years ago................

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast