Ih Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ih Help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[FONT=Times] I have just started to play Imperial Guard, but I know how to play the game so I am not an absaloute noob but I just wanted to know what I should equip my HQ with because I havent got one yet but will soon. I have two shock troops box sets and just wondering what I should get next any sugestions are appreciated thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The actual Command Squad can easily be made from the Shock Troop boxes.

All you need is one Officer and 4 guardsmen. Usually you'll take something a little fancier than that, but when you first start up (and are likely playing small point battles) theres nothing wrong with a Laspistol and Chainsword on your Commanding Officer.

The IG HQ can become very complicated though, because you can attach many different types of squads to your Command Squad. Just read over the codex plenty of times and it will start to make sense.

Eventually, your Commanding Officers will likely carry a Bolt Pistol/Power Weapon or maybe a Storm Bolter and a Power Weapon.

EDIT: Pick a role for your command squad after you get a few games under your belt. Some players use them as a counter-charge unit, some just for the leadership and some as a support unit. I like to fill mine with grenade launchers and keep it behind most of my men.
    I am the Aquila-Guerilla!

+ Reply to Thread