Catachan Or Cadian. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok im restarting mi IG army and was wondering which one is better cadian or catachan,i have been told by one person that caidian are better but i cant see why arnt they both just the same except that catachan are better in jungle fight. Also what unit types do catachan get like,mortars,yarrik,basiliks,leman russ,hellhound ect.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a Guard Armoured Co. Player, I think cadians are better, of course it's all really a matter of character, Catachans rule at Jungle fighting, but are quite often outgunned, i play a lot more Cityfight games and so, i use a cadian style army, under a different name, if u play jungle fights, go catachan, if u play cityfights, go cadian.
    ---Log from the Last Excursion of the Temera---
    Pilot: Damn i knew this ship wouldn't last long.
    Co-Pilot: why?
    Pilot: Listen...
    Computer: welcome to Windows 40k
    Pilot And Co-pilot: AAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHH
    ---Log Ends---
    <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?thorain' target='_blank'>Nothing to see here&#33;</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok its final i am going to do a armageddon stell legion army with cadian conscripts.
    Yeah i know they arnt what i asked for but they seem to fit what i want perfectly,street fighters,hardedn vetrains,som posibilitys for convertions and they look cool .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grand, Excellent choice sir,
    I would use a few tanks, the Leman Russ Squadrons can be invaluable at times, and Chimeras i think are a necessity for Armageddon units, use the multi laser, it&#39;s probably the best weapon there, dealing damage to people and vehicles if necessary, and never forget, you have 6 lasgun shots from guardsmen inside the vehicle, yeah, it may do absolutely nothing, but there&#39;s no harm trying.
    ---Log from the Last Excursion of the Temera---
    Pilot: Damn i knew this ship wouldn&#39;t last long.
    Co-Pilot: why?
    Pilot: Listen...
    Computer: welcome to Windows 40k
    Pilot And Co-pilot: AAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHH
    ---Log Ends---
    <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?thorain' target='_blank'>Nothing to see here&#33;</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do i need to know about the steel legion right now before i go diving in and start buying,are they good at city fight,are u aloud the same amount of them as u are an ordinary IG army,do they basiliks and mortars and how would i go around converting one into a sniper.

Oh not that im geting any or anything but where would u go areound geting chem dogs,terrax guard,warhawks,death korps of krieg and kanak skull takers?

If i find out where to het death korps they might be in the running for me to collects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok i need to know somthing what heavy weapons can steel legoin use,like mortars assault cannon,lass cannon ect.
    Oh i have never seen or used a steel legion so what type of tactics do they use and what do they play like oh and can u put yarrik in a steel legion army ?

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Originally posted by Sorrow@Jan 24 2005, 113
    Ok i need to know somthing what heavy weapons can steel legoin use,like mortars assault cannon,lass cannon ect.
    Oh i have never seen or used a steel legion so what type of tactics do they use and what do they play like oh and can u put yarrik in a steel legion army ?
    [snapback]310666[/snapback]
    1: I am quite certain that the Steel Legion can use the same heavy weapons that everyone else does.
    2: In the back of the IG codex it says what heavy/special weapons the Steel Legion favors, aswell as what doctrines they use.
    3: Steel Legion is a mechanised army, they mount every squad in a chimera to make fast hit and run attacks i belive.
    4: Yarriks rules are also in the newest IG codex. Can&#39;t remember what page, its at the back of the codex aswell.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So im ultimatly looking for 5 full squadsd,12 man each squad and a chimera holds what 12 men each so that would be 5 chimeras,2 leman russ and 3 basiliks and 4 snipers and then 1 converted steel legion sniper,3 auto cannons and 3 mortars,yarrick,guant and 5 of his ghosts pluss a conscript squad of cadian shock troops. This will be my full army and then when city fight i will half it in 2,so what do u guys think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last time i looked at it, an imperial guard squad was 10 men
    The Holy Bolter

998. model bolter: Godwyn pattern with ammo counter, sinister/dexter lock mechanism and sickle magazine with 30 rounds of .75 calibre bolts with diamantine tips, depleted deuterium core &amp; mass reactive detonators. Fires in 4 round bursts.

&quot;A bolter is a treasured weapon; but in the hands of a Space Marine it is a divine instrument of the Emperor&#39;s wrath&quot;

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

3 Leman Russes and two Basilisks would take up 5 Heavy support slots... in most missions you can only have 3.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast