Hmm, Army Consideration? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just picked up the Daemonhunters book after posting two of my former armies on eBay (Necron OOP, 1500pt | Dark Angels, 1000pt -- PM if interested ). I've been thinking for a 1500pt build that I do the following (base models without choices, will come out to about 1200):

HQ:
    -1 Grey Knight Grand Master in Terminator Armor

Elites:
    -1 Squad of 5 GK Terminators (4 Terminators, 1 Brother-Captain)
    245pts

-1 Squad of 3 Death-Cult Assassins
    240pts

-1 Inquisitor in Terminator Aromr
    40pts

Troops:
    -2 Squads of 10 Grey Knights (9 Grey Knights, 1 Justicar)
    550pts

Heavy Support:
    -2 Grey Knight Dreadnoughts with Lascannons
    180pts

1400 total without any additions which would most likely be added to the squads/HQ

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the regular grey knights hsould be given nemisis force weapons and the 2 i belive that can have psycannons, should have them.

i dont knwo alot about grey knights but i knwo that psycanons are nasty.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um Salamander .. all Grey Knights have some form of Nem force weapons so.... yeah....

It looks like a fine list, add some incins or psycannons to your GKs depending on the enemy if you feel like it as well.

I do tho, see one big problem with your army, your slow, really slow, going a max of 6" without charging a turn, if thats your plan, thats good But I&#39;v noticed I lose way to many GKs during shooting, even with Shrouding to have them foot slogging it be anywhere near useful.
    To fix that, you just need to Get two squads of stormies, then you can switch those GKs to Fast Attack when you want too and you&#39;ll be cookin.

This will bring your army up some however, personally i&#39;d drop the assassins and inquis and put in the stormies, but play as yea like eh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah :&#092; The more I think about it, the less I want to use the Assassins. Here&#39;s a rewritten consideration:

HQ:
    -1 Grey Knight Grand Master in Terminator Armor

Elites:
    -1 Squad of 8 GK Terminators (7 Terminators, 1 Brother-Captain)
    383pts
    -1 Inquisitor with Terminator Armor
    40pts

Troops:
    -2 Squads of 10 Grey Knights (9 Grey Knights, 1 Justicar)
    550pts

Heavy Support:
    -1 Land Raider Crusader

Total Points: 1429

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would move the terminators to the lord retinue, giving him a &#39;gang&#39; of kick-butt killers and will give u some points (as u remove the brother captain)

i would also remove the inqiusitor as i think u only took him for the assassins &#39;ability&#39; and now u don&#39;t need him (he also needs some weapons as he doesn&#39;t have any)

i also think that a normal land raider would be better as it can take out tanks and if u give it the storm bolter and psycannon bolts, it can also kill seer council, daemon troops, normal troops (AP 4 &#33;&#33 etc.

these cahnges should, with a bit of tweaking, allow for a small transport GK unit if u want or another normal unit, wateva ya want

hope these help

Closed Thread