Tank Conversions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi out there!

I want to do some tank conversions for my fluff and I have some reallife models on my mind.

The problem: which scale is the best?

1:72 is obviously too small.

How about 1:48? Or 1:35?

Has anyone any experience or opinions on that matter?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

normallly 1/35 should fit best. BUT: you will have the problem that almost every tank has different dimension than 40k tanks. 40k tanks are squarish, whereas normal tanks will mostly be to long. I make a chimera out of a German Marder APC. I had to remove 3cm from the middle of the tank, it simply was too long....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1/35 is generally around the right size but 1/48 is nearly perfect.

1/35 seems to be more in scale with the infantry while 1/48 is more in scale with other vehicles.

But as far as the size differences, most modern tanks are longer and wider than 40K designs but they are shorter overall, and if you look around and find small enough vehicles they'll work quite well.

1/35 M113 APC's make perfect Rhinos and the BMP-1/2/3 make pretty good Chimeras.

The closest thing to a Leman Russ is a Char B1 bis but models for those are near impossible to find.

+ Reply to Thread