Marshalls - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marshalls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK i recently decided i wanted to have a marshall in my list, but i added him up with a power weapon, storm shield and bolt pistol (he has 2 wounds), and hes the same price as a chaplin w/ 2 wounds w/ a bolt pistol.

SO should i go with that extra chaplin in my army (i have one w/ my terminators and jump packs), or try to retain fluff and have a marshall there too? Any advice is appreciated.

EDIT: For all who don't know this is for black templars and my emperor's champion HAS to have my iron halo.

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:black'>Order Of the Black Rose</span>
    <span style='color:red'>Blood God&#39;s Initiate</span>
    </span>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

power weapon, storm shield AND pistol....?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:ph34r: First off you cant give your marshall A Storm Shield & Pistol because the Storm shield counts as a weapon in that hand. I think you&#39;d be better off taking the Chaplain beause now with his ability to Re-roll failed hits on the Charge he&#39;s a really a bargain, & if you need a Hero with three wounds you can always take him as a Master Of Sanctity :ph34r:
    <u>Fear The Wrath Of The ANZAC Clan</u>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Venerable Zoidberg@Jan 24 2005, 21:59
    :ph34r: First off you cant give your marshall A Storm Shield & Pistol because the Storm shield counts as a weapon in that hand. I think you&#39;d be better off taking the Chaplain beause now with his ability to Re-roll failed hits on the Charge he&#39;s a really a bargain, & if you need a Hero with three wounds you can always take him as a Master Of Sanctity :ph34r:
    [snapback]311563[/snapback]
    I think hes referring to the new combat shield (or whatever its called) that clips onto the forearm of the marine allowing him to wield a weapon on that arm.
    “ Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man. ” - Thomas Paine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually go with 2 chaplains. I have them lead my assalt squads. Chaplains are great when they have jump packs.
    Why do you think you are so smart?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi&#33; I would go for the second chaplain, but maybe with the our new codex, that could change, I supose our marshall&#39;s will have some extras, what about the brotherhood of the sword, and all that fluff :hmm: ? One never knows, but go and try two chaplains, I&#39;ll still use my marshall. worked hard on it&#33;
    Excuse this poor basques english level&#33;&#33; trying to improve&#33;&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frankly i would do the marshal. I am a big supporter of doing what is fluffy and i think that you would have more fun with a marshal than another chaplin. Besides it doesnt matter if you win or loose its how much fun you had playing the game. A marshal in command with the E.C. to his left and the chappy to his right how cool is that.

Mr Vulture
    "Doing things the fluffy way since &#39;01"
    &quot;Only the dead have seen the end of war.&quot; -Plato

&quot;Even the bravest cannot fight past their strenght.&quot; -Homer

+ Reply to Thread