Mechanized / Grenadier Forum - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

There are a few of who like Mechanized or quazi Mechanized ( Grenadiers ). Any help that anyone could add for tactics with Chimeras, overall tactics etc would be greatly appreciated.

"A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

I am building a mechanised army, but i haven't accually fielded it, so i can't give you much help, but i'm planning to make up for the guards lacking CC abilities by using teh Chimeras to form a wall of steel in the way of the charging enemy so that it'll take longer for the enemy to reach my troops.

Despite what everyone says i like Hunter Killer Missiles, people say they're not worth their points, but i like them anyway. I've got 10 HKM's in my list. Thats 10 unlimited range krak missiles flying the first round, which sohuld be enough to take out most if not all of the enemys lighter transports so it'll take even longer for the enemy to get into CC with me.

I haven't accually tested this list yet. Heck, i've only got two squads painted and assembled and i'm currently out of models to paint, so i can't continue building untill my order arrives.

Though i should say that the main and primary reason as to why i take Hunter Killers are that my freind hates them.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know one guy who plays IG who loads up on HK Missiles, he uses Solar Macharius and because he get&#39;s first turn he fires his swarm of HK&#39;s at every visible target he can. Although he actually has enough HK&#39;s he has a pretty dinky army.

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Originally posted by Gerbera345@Jan 27 2005, 111
    I know one guy who plays IG who loads up on HK Missiles, he uses Solar Macharius and because he get&#39;s first turn he fires his swarm of HK&#39;s at every visible target he can. Although he actually has enough HK&#39;s he has a pretty dinky army.
    [snapback]313545[/snapback]
    I can&#39;t do that myself, since we don&#39;t use special characters here.

...what does &#39;dinky&#39; mean?
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

178 (x7)

One of the first questions we have to ask is why? Why would you mount up guardsman in Chimeras and race em around the battlefield? :blink:

Mobility is the first item that comes to mind. With so many of our enemies infiltrating; Marine Devastor Squads, Tau Stealth Suits, Eldar Snipers, we have to be able to react. We also play to achieve mission objectives, weather the game is Take and Hold, Recon or Cleanse, we have some place that we are supposed to go to gain Victory points. Mobile Infantry is one way to achieve this.

Not that we can play like Mech Tau, we don&#39;t have the Glancing hits only, better armoured Devilfish, we have the brittle side armoured Chimera. We have to hide our transports better, or only present front armour. This make our tactica somewhat more difficult.

More than once my Grenadiers have sucessfully flanked some Lascannon equipped 5 - 7 man Tack squad and taken away the threat, re- mounted in the Chimera and gone on to take objecive.

First thing is to make sure the enemy has something else to shoot at. I like to use a Demolisher and sometimes a Hellhound to be the Chimera support. My Bassie and Russ in the back lobbing Ordinance. Most enemies feel the Guards main strength is Ordinance, and spend effort to neutralize. A Chimera is not their first target. What a surprize when the Meltaguns pop out and blow up their tank&#33;

One key is not to send them out head on. They should be used in a flanking movement, behind cover. Keep them out of harms way until they have something to shoot at. Or move to a good firing lines, pop the Heavy Weapon from the hatch, and fire away, moving away when need be.

This is certainly not the only way to play Guard, but I would definatly like to enhance the discussion, both posative and negative.

Cheers&#33;
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play a mechanised guard force and have tried using 2 leman russ 5 chimeras and a demolisher with great results. most of the times people only concentrate on the big tanks leaving me with all my infantry and 45 shots from the chimeras, those few chimeras can practicly eat up a 25+ unit in a round, and they rock against dark eldar...a lot of dead transports there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daviszko
    Guardsman 173rd, those are incredible - you've impressed me and my friend who I linked it to. Nice work!!
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihxjyl1j1r4s
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihxveyxdfp4
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihz6s11k5ao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

178 (x7)

Originally posted by Guardsman 173rd@Jan 27 2005, 08:18
    I play a mechanised guard force and have tried using 2 leman russ 5 chimeras and a demolisher with great results. most of the times people only concentrate on the big tanks leaving me with all my infantry and 45 shots from the chimeras, those few chimeras can practicly eat up a 25+ unit in a round, and they rock against dark eldar...a lot of dead transports there.
    [snapback]313686[/snapback]
    Do you pop the hatch and shoot HW, or keep the troops down, using the Lasrifles?
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fact is that I´ve never actually used those side lasguns . But the shots from the chimeras aren´t bad at all in a turn you get 45 6-4 strength shots, and plus ordnance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daviszko
    Guardsman 173rd, those are incredible - you've impressed me and my friend who I linked it to. Nice work!!
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihxjyl1j1r4s
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihxveyxdfp4
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihz6s11k5ao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m trying to make a grenadiers army, i can&#39;t figure out what to put in it....grrr...what do most people put in it??????? plz any help is welcome.
    Sid

Adapt or Die: Live with it or Die by it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

178 (x7)

Originally posted by DrunkSid@Feb 1 2005, 18:46
    I&#39;m trying to make a grenadiers army, i can&#39;t figure out what to put in it....grrr...what do most people put in it??????? plz any help is welcome.
    [snapback]318775[/snapback]
    Here&#39;s a sample of what I use for a 1500 pt list:

The Idea is that the Russ and Basilisk pound away from the back and the Demolisher goes up front drawing fire, causing mayem etc. This works better at bigger games, as you add a Hellhound or two. Your Lascannons Take out threats to your tanks.

Your three Grenadier squads get sent out to take on threats, take objectives etc. One squad might be kept back to help the Lascannon Squad. I have added Honorifica to one Vet Sergeant incase you need to send them into CC.

I keep the Chimeras fairly cheap, but I do add Extra Armor in case you get a crew stunned. Make sure you blow smoke when you get out in the open. The real trick is to keep the Chimeras going. I try and keep the Chimeras with the squad give squad support.

I add Cameoline to the HQ and Lascannon to keep them alive longer. I love Cameoline, it always keeps them shooting a round longer. I add light infantry so they can get a good line of fire on the enemy, after he has set up. Keep the Lascannons as far back as possible to keep out of range of troop weapons.

At bigger point levels I add a Hellhound, perhaps another Lascannon Squad, or Hardened Vets with a Lascannon and 2 or three Plasma Rifles.

I hope this helps. It is my favorite IG army fluffwize. I love to see my Gleaming Grenadiers popping out the back unleashing rapid fire hell on my enemies&#33;

Doctorines
    Grenadiers
    Close Order Drill
    Iron Discipline
    Cameoline
    Light Infantry

HQ
    HSO w/power Fist, Iron Discipline
    Master Vox
    Standard
    Plasma Gun X2
    Cameoline
    Light Infantry
    Mortar

Lascannon Squad
    3 Lascannons
    Light Infantry
    Cameoline

Troops

Grenadier Squad
    10 Troops
    Veteran Seargent, w, Power Sword
    Plasma Rifle
    Plasma Rifle,
    Vox - Caster
    Chimura,ML,HF,EA,SL, HS
    Total:

Grenadier Squad
    10 Troops
    Veteran Seargent, w, Power Sword
    Melta Gun,
    Melta Gun
    Vox - Caster
    Chimura,ML,HF,EA,SL, hS
    Total:

Grenadier Squad
    10 Troops
    Veteran Seargent, w, Power Sword & Honorifica
    Melta Gun,
    Melta Gun
    Vox - Caster
    Chimura,ML,HF,EA,SL

Heavy Support

Leman Russ
    Smoke Launchers
    Extra Armour
    Searchlight
    Hull Heavy Bolter
    Pair heavy Bolters

Leman Russ Demolisher
    Lascannon
    Extra Armour
    Search Light
    Plasma Cannons
    Smoke Launchers

Basilisk
    W/Indirect Fire
    Sir Winston Churchil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast