Need Help Against Chaosmarines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am an ultramarine player and I need a good army and good tactics to defeat a csm army like this.
    1xdefiler
    1xrhino
    10xbloodletters
    17xraptors
    10xcsm,1 w/missile
    10xcsm,1 w/lascannon
    10xcsm,1 w/either lascannon, or missile
    something like that, were supposed to play 1500

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u can't have 17 raptors in one squad, unless its split into 2...

i'd say u shd ave a lot of plasma guns...they go through marines like a hot knife through butter. a pred A, assault sqds about 2...a terminator sqd wd be hlp ful
    True evil never dies...well that doesn't mean i can't kick it's ass!

Win/Loss/Draw
    Black Legion: 6/1/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

taka a chaplain with power weapon or maybe is a librarium even better. just make sure he don't gets his saves
    Don´t mess with the dicegod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'll need a unit to tie up his Raptors. Assault squads should do well at this. They'll give you enough time to rip down some other units. Two dreads. Assault cannons. Use them, love them, watch marines drop like flies.

Next, you'll need to slow him down a little. A squad of Sniper scouts with an ML should do an excellent job of pinning down his units and keeping him twitchy. Don't let him get comfortable if he tries to hold a position. He'll have some staying power with a Defiler.

Anti-tank, I vote for a Pred Annie, and MLs in your tactical squads. Plasma guns go with them. Also, i'd consider a two-bike attack bike squad with multi-meltas if you have the models. You'd be shocked how dangerous they are, heh. And they're fast.

Lastly, i'd take a Librarian as my HQ. Keep his Force Sword, give him an Iron Halo, Veil of Time and a Bolt Pistol. Give him a CC command squad, but try to keep it cheap. Put them in a rhino.

If that doesn't work....i'll try helping again.
    Sam Mills (1959-2005) and Mark Fields - Keep Pounding

Cry Cheese, And Let Loose The Wraithlords And Templar!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

CSM are a little tougher then normal marines in most cases but are still delt with the same. Personally I would bring as many missile launchers as you possiblly could. Two 4x missile launcher Dev squads (firing krak misisles of course) would really do a number on his troops. Vindicators are good as well even though they are vehicles and as such vulnerable. I would indeed take 2 assault squads. Be sure to give them the 2 plasma pistols - they are extremelly well priced for this unit. As a last resort, you might include plasma cannons. They do indeed cut through all marines like butter. If it werent so expensive I would recommend a 4x Plasma cannon devasator squad. As such, perhaps one in each of the missile launcher devastator squads.

So build your list as with something you feel comfortable with and add in the missile launchers and plasma cannons.

On a side note, next time he brags, simply explain how 4 plasma cannons have a REALLY good chance of annihilating entire squads of his. 3+ to hit, 3-4 marines under blast template, 2+ to wound, no armor save. Probability wise (stacking the numbers in FAVOR of CSM mind you) it will kill 7 CSM a turn. CSM commanders dont like it when you tell them they will lose one squad per turn to you.

Last but not least, I would use speeders. CSM have a difficult time counteriung these as they have non of their own. Melta equiped to deal with the defiler and rhino, deepstriking of course. Or Tornado variant to deal with troops. Just keep them OUT of bolter range!

Cheers!
    Chaosbrynn
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

+ Reply to Thread