Daemonhunters....too Weak? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys...some of you obviously have alot more experience with your daemonhunters than I do. I have been talking to a bunch of players about daemonhunters and keep hearing many people describing them (a pure daemonhunter force that is) as a very weak difficult army to play well. What have you guys found to be the case? Are you evenly matched with most armies you face? Or do you find yourselves underpowered unless you use allies from either the Imperial Guard or the Space Marines?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we do pay a bit much for our rather limited bonuses, when not against Chaos/Eldar we are reduced to being a slow space marine army that lacks tanks, and any weapons over strength 6.
    Now, you can maintain being a DH army, Stormies help with that but still leave us a more bit lacking in the long range heavy weapons and cost alot when you put in having to drop them in Chims or Rhinos, else, they are just that much eaiser to mow down.
    Teleporting helps with this however, but you have to take Stormies or alot more GKs in order to harness that.

A well made, pure, DH army can be a force to be reckoned with, however, against anyone but Eldar and Chaos we just turn into a SM army with less troops or a IG army with less Heavy weapons.

Allies help, certainly, giving a GK army IG to add some long range heavy weapons and for a DH army SMs to give it some strong but cheaper then their GK counterparts.. well SMs to help maintain a number advantage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally haven't had much of a problem, but my primary opponent is Chaos, so it's hard to say. I know that they do pretty well against IG still (at least I haven't struggled much), and Orks and Tyranids aren't too bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have yet to loose with my daemon hunters, and the only army that gave me a hard time was believe it or not Chaos... A Thousand sons army with only "sons" and sorcerors.. they are just so damned hard to kill. that being said i have access to a lot of cooler thinks like valkyries and a prometheus... stick with it. i really suggest stormies. they win most of my games for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey sockmonkey...and the rest of you...what point limit do you guys usually play? Do you play straight daemonhunters or mix em up with IG or SM's ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've played straight Daemonhunters, but for a while I was using a Sisters of Battle army with about half the points in Demonhunters. Points value varies, usually 1500-2000.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why are daemonhunters good against eldaR?
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

psycannons and bolts, goes right through invuln saves and we can have lots of them.
    No invuln saves = dead eldar.
    Not to mention aegis armour and a number of other anti psyker things all GKs have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i believe that demonhunters r weak in small size battles, but in large size battles, they have the potential of being the most devastating army in 40K as of their special rules and the possible use of IG and SM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i usually play about 1000-2000 points. qnd i run straight daemon hunters. i use a lord and a small retinue, 2 storm trooper squad in either 1 or 2 valkyries, 2 fast attack units, abd a landraider prometheus... give or take.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast