Palatine Or Canoness? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

I would have made this a poll but the forum doesn't seem to like me at the moment (suposedly there is an error).
    At what point do you switch from the lower cost Palatine to the Canoness?
    (1) Never use the Canoness
    (2) 1501-2000pt battles
    (3) 1001-1500pt battles
    (4) 501-1000pt battles
    (5) Canoness all the way...

And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canoness in everything but 40k in 40 minutes. 10 points for an extra wound and faith point is a bargain. Sometimes take a palatine as well as a canoness though she can be a good add-on to the canoness' retinue, especially if given something like an eviscerator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find I don't need the extra faith point in smaller games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a further note do you guys usually take your heroine as an independent character or with a retinue? Im currently of the opinion that by herself with jumppack and inferno pistol she can be useful for plugging gaps and suprising your opponenet with her tank killing possibilities in games of under 1000pts. Over 1000 I think I prefer the close combat possibilties of the celestians (and having a banner bearer is quite cool). :rolleyes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by SIDEARM@Jan 31 2005, 04:52
    On a further note do you guys usually take your heroine as an independent character or with a retinue? Im currently of the opinion that by herself with jumppack and inferno pistol she can be useful for plugging gaps and suprising your opponenet with her tank killing possibilities in games of under 1000pts. Over 1000 I think I prefer the close combat possibilties of the celestians (and having a banner bearer is quite cool). :rolleyes:
    [snapback]317074[/snapback]

hey sidearm... my girl friend plays with her connoness as an independent character with a jump pack... But looking at her model she has a gun that doesn't quite look like a plasma pistol... could it be a inferno pistol? We know for sure it wasn't a bolt pistol so we have just been playing with it like it was a plasma but are really curious in finding out what it really is...

thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's most likely an inferno pistol. It's the mini-me of the melta gun. ^_^
    Most important rule when facing any army with the Imperials is that you have to play like you have nothing to lose. Go big, or go home. Play like you have a pair. You cannot fight the enemy with subtlety or else you will get demolished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

You can tell melta weapons by the look of their barrel.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(5)
    She ALWAYS makes her point cost. Every one who has faced me agrees that my Canoness's backstory goes like this:

Her parents thought she was a monster and abandoned her. The convent took her in, gave her a jump pack, and now lets her have a well balanced diet consisting of Carnifexs, Greator Deamons, and fully stalked buffays of Space marines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Shiver@Feb 7 2005, 09:21
    (5)
    She ALWAYS makes her point cost. Every one who has faced me agrees that my Canoness's backstory goes like this:

Her parents thought she was a monster and abandoned her. The convent took her in, gave her a jump pack, and now lets her have a well balanced diet consisting of Carnifexs, Greator Deamons, and fully stalked buffays of Space marines.
    [snapback]322574[/snapback]
    What (apart from the jump pack obviously) do you equip her with?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i havnt got my army yet. but when i do its cannoness all the way.
    in bigger games ill take a palentine as well, but its the canoness with a blessed weapon, bolt pistol, cock of saint aspria, and of course a rasarious.... oh and litenies of faith

(drowls)

Alderious
    “I am the Hammer… I am the Sword in His hand; I am the point of His Spear… I am the right hand of my Emperor, the instrument of His will, the gauntlet about his fist; I am the bane of His foes and the woes of the treacherous. I am the end!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast