Unlimited Turn Games - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    box
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno if anyone has this problem but the games i play at my club against other people always have unlimited turn and no actual mission. this is annoying for me since i play imperial guard and all these guys play spacemarines im stuck with a huge disadvantage. because it means once he gets into assult he has all the time in the world kill my entire army. also im also not very strict on rules cos im just happy to play a game.

so if any one else here plays unlimited turn games against other people do u have any tactics i could use .

or should i just be really stingy and say na were gonna do it my way biatch :realmad:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Originally posted by box@Jan 28 2005, 23:23
    I dunno if anyone has this problem but the games i play at my club against other people always have unlimited turn and no actual mission. this is annoying for me since i play imperial guard and all these guys play spacemarines im stuck with a huge disadvantage. because it means once he gets into assult he has all the time in the world kill my entire army. also im also not very strict on rules cos im just happy to play a game.

so if any one else here plays unlimited turn games against other people do u have any tactics i could use .

or should i just be really stingy and say na were gonna do it my way biatch :realmad:
    [snapback]315110[/snapback]
    Rulebook has missions and limits for a reason. Where is the tactical aspect if your playing unlimited turn slaughters.

Next time dont play unless you play with a mission and/or limit, so much more fun when brute force is not the only way to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x6)

40k is supposed to be a mission based game. certain armies are underpowered in straight up kill fests.

ironically, imo, IG do very well in slaughter fests. we can sit back and dig in.

i suggest fighting fire with fire. don't move at all and just blow the crap out of them with massive amounts of fire power.

soon enough they'll learn that objectives help balance the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats a great strategy as long as your opponent starts far enough away and does not deepstrike. Make sure you play on a decent sized board.
    I am the Aquila-Guerilla!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we play on 4x4 boards with unlimited turns...huh, that might have an impact when it comes to my IG army...my friends are lame sometimes. I find it very difficult to win against Tyranids on this type of board...2 flying tyrants, all leaping gaunts...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, missions demand strategy. If your playing a no-victory point game, how much of the enemy you kill makes no diff if they are holding the objective at the end of the game.

straight-up fights are great and all, but missions are much more fun.

At the local GW shop I play at, we don't even get to decide what we are playing. When we come in on wed, the shop says, "okay, this is what were playin today". Rulebook page is written on the board, and thats the only game played at the shop that night.

I think it makes good sense, bring a balanced list that you can play in every scenario against any army. Making lists like this, and playing various missions balances almost all armies, and makes strategy critical.

Justin
    Wednesday nights at GW (Ontario Mills in Ontario, CA)
    W/L/T
    14/3/0

Latest Victims
    4-7-05 - SoB 1200, S&D Omega, Opponent was new.
    4-7-05 - ME! Chris beats me again with his space wolves (he is a good palyer without his eldar).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heres a strategy is to have some of your troops come in a reserves, then you have a new small force to come in near the end of the game and a fresh batch to go into CC and to fight
    The Predator Lingers forth. Suddenly the sound of several wipping sounds can be heard far off into the distance, a second later the once mighty Predator ignited with flames. "Sir what was that" The srgt replied "Its those damn Broadsides"

Hear the wip, fear the Broadside.
    Tau 2-2
    Guard 26-45

+ Reply to Thread