The Blood Angels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took a look at some models and I thought to myself "Hrm, I like the look of this"

So I went out and did a bit of research on the BA and figured I'd put something small together for them in the future..Unfortunately I don't understand the Death Company rules very well...

If the models are chosen from the squad, does that mean that the squad gets full strength still or does it mean that the actual model is replaced? The models are indeed FREE units(pointwise) correct?

And for that matter, do Chaplains still get litanies of hate due to the newer codex, or does it completely not effect this?

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if a model joins the death company from another squad, if is removed from the unit it was in, and is replaced with a death company model in the death company unit. Yes they are free and thus opponants dont get any victory points for killing them (teehee)

yeah the chaplain still gets litanies of hate to may knowledge (correct me someone if im wrong) thus making the death co. even more deadly
    Never judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes...by that time they'll be a mile away, and have no shoes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see... So in theory( Heavy theory) I could keep rolling 6's until my eyes bleed and have nothing but a death company and a Chappy on the board.

Also : Does this mean that if I don't choose a chaplain as my HQ that I must take him or?

And since the models are being taken from each unit : If I Have a unit of 5 sm, and 2 get taken out...does it still count as a unit though the base req hasn't been met?

So yes, lits still work (scary stuff if he has a pack of 20 or so behind him ^^)

I may go ahead with my plan to collect several 500 point armies of different races, simply to paint and every once in a while head up to GW.....Blood Angels/UltraMarines seem to be a good mix in the SM department, should I get bored of being shooty, I go smashy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah if you kept rolling 6's you would end up with the chaplain and a hoard of death company (and whatever vehicles you brought along)...as long as you have enough death company models to represent this (pffft)

no you do not have to take the chaplain, only if you do take him, you get 3+d3 death company with him (hence his hefty points cost). If you take no chaplain you get no death company at the start, bar what turned to death co. from your other squads.

if models come from a squad, bringing it under regulation size, you still just use the unit as it is (it aint your fault it's below regulation limit...just as long as it WAS regulation size before you rolled for death company)
    Never judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes...by that time they'll be a mile away, and have no shoes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

Muahaha Flesh Tearers are the kings of death company.

A Blood Angels Succesor Chapter, all their dreadnoughts are like moriar (IE: a death company dreadnought) and you re-roll for death company on both 5's and 6's. Mauahahahaha.

The rest of their rules can be found in Indexus Astares 1.

If you like the idea of death company, this is the way to go!
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hrm...I do like the idea of him not being able to get really any Victory points from killing my units...I'll have to go pick up a copy of the Fleshtearers in the Index..

While I'm on the subject : Horde armies vs Blood angels....What options do I have to thin them down before CC? I'd think something like a baal class pred (mmmmmm twin linked AC) or whirlwinds..but if those get knocked out, I'm boned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Rook@Feb 1 2005, 08:44
    Hrm...I do like the idea of him not being able to get really any Victory points from killing my units...I'll have to go pick up a copy of the Fleshtearers in the Index..
    While I'm on the subject : Horde armies vs Blood angels....What options do I have to thin them down before CC? I'd think something like a baal class pred (mmmmmm twin linked AC) or whirlwinds..but if those get knocked out, I'm boned.
    [snapback]318295[/snapback]
    There was a big discussion about a week ago that I started on the merits of the Baal. We decided that if you think you will play a lot of horde armies you should get one.

When I play tyranids I use scouts and tact squads to soften up the guys as they swarm at me. Then when they hit a scout squad they eat it. I counter charge with assualt troops. Then hopefully no genstealers are left alive to hit me. if they are I run for a table corner or objective and hope to live.

I also use a librarian with jump pack and fear the darkness. Most horde armies lack Ld so i can run the off the board. It also gives me an excuse to sing "I believe in a thing called love" by the band The Darkness when it goes off.
    If you build a man a fire he will be warm for a night. If you set a man on fire he will be warm the rest of his life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

make no mistake...just because theres a chance we can't shoot for a turn, dosen't mean we dont still have more firepower than the sun. A devastator squad with 4 heavy bolters, and some boltguns mounted in a razorback with heavy bolters and a storm bolter for instance.

say you have the 4 heavy bolters, and 6 bolters (making a full sized squad incase some go to death co.) plus the razorback staring at a hoard of nids. Thats 15 strength 5 shots (with very good aim) heading their way (at 36")...or 15 strength 5 shots, and 8 strength 4 (at 24")...or 15 strength 5 shots, and 14 strength 4 shots (at 12")....thats alot of nid deaths...

same applies for orks...trust me

then add the firepower of a Baal, and maybe a whirlwind, or a vindicator and you have alot of nids dying. Then just before they charge you, jet assault packs over your squads, and charge them (after rapid firing the tactical and devastator squads...and everything else really)..this works especially well against orks as they are so slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Lord Spanko@Feb 2 2005, 01:58
    I also use a librarian with jump pack and fear the darkness.
    [snapback]318436[/snapback]
    To go a bit off-topic...it's Sanguinary High Priest, I believe . Just BA fluff tho, don't get me wrong...I luv BA 2.

About the anti-horde tactics, just one word should suffice. - BOLTERS!! Rapid-firing 2 or 3 full squads on the turn u assault jump troops *really* hurt Nids...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may be lacking in bolters, I went the fleshtearer route and as such may have little left in the way of bolters depending how I Roll.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast