Terminator Armor And Jump Packs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

can a unit, say a codicier librarian, in terminator armor deepstrike with a unit with jump packs?

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless attached to a command squad, Independent Characters may not join or be attached to a squad when deep striking. This is because the rulebook explicitly states that reserves rolls are made for each separate choice on the force orginazation chart.
    The enemies of the Emperor fear many things. They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death. Yet there is one thing they fear above all others. They fear the wrath of the Space Marines!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

well the unit with the jump packs would be honour gaurd, so you have it a command squad but the question still stands

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to the rules, technically no. Fluff wise the reason is the way the units deepstrike. Termies and IC's wearing Term armor teleport in to deep strike. Jump pack troops however deepstrike via low flying transports. So keeping to fluff there is no way to have them arrive at the same time.
    breath, sight, squeeze.

now double tap just for grins

and Another One bite's the dust.

A bolter round for all that oppose the Emperor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

thanks that helped me greatly. looks like im gonna have to go buy another chaplain then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is rules legal to attempt. The jump pack troops arrive from reserves using one form of transportation, while the terminator wearing chap teleports in to the same coordinates. However, there is no guarantee that both units will make a successful reserves roll on the same turn, and that they will land in the same spot. They will also not be one unit until they move close enough during your movement phase to declare the IC is joining the unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Originally posted by WolfRaider@Feb 1 2005, 23:19
    It is rules legal to attempt. The jump pack troops arrive from reserves using one form of transportation, while the terminator wearing chap teleports in to the same coordinates. However, there is no guarantee that both units will make a successful reserves roll on the same turn, and that they will land in the same spot. They will also not be one unit until they move close enough during your movement phase to declare the IC is joining the unit.
    [snapback]318664[/snapback]
    Arn't troops lost if they deep strike on top of other units?, or would that only count for enemy units?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Knape97@Feb 1 2005, 18:56
    Arn't troops lost if they deep strike on top of other units?, or would that only count for enemy units?
    [snapback]318689[/snapback]
    Any models that cannot be placed at least 1" from enemy models are lost, but not the whole unit. Of course if the first "marker" troop lands right in the middle of a bad spot then the rest are toast too, page 84. It states only enemy models though.

+ Reply to Thread