1500 Sisters Army List ...vs Alaitoc - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

----
    Cannoness with litanies, plasma pistol, cc weapon
    in a celestian squad with 1 H.flamer+1 meltagun with a sis.superior
    in a rhino with smoke/e.armour.

Inquisitor with liber heresius, bolter+cc (in one of the dominion squads)

Calidus

2 x 10woman Sister squad with 1 H.Flamer+1 meltagun with a sis.superior
    in a rhino with smoke/e.armour

2x 9woman dominion squads with 2 flamers+ 2meltaguns with a sis.superior
    in a rhino with smoke/e.armour

2x Exorcists
    ----

just over 1530 points
    57 models, 7 faith points.
    All Sister superiors have bolter+cc...

This is just a slightly modified army of the one I usually play, but how do u think it'll go against Alaitoc? Sadly, lances will desroy my advance... maybe I'll keep everything in reserves so at least some of my troops make it 12" foward.. ?

Flamers for flaming snipers in woods, meltaguns for killing those wraithlords.

I can't afford eviscerators so I'll be relying on Hand of the Emperor and Divine Guidance to kill any pesky hand-to-handers.. Spirit of the martyr against Howling Banshees.

any ideas appreciated.

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vs Alaitoc this is pretty good. The rhinos save your girls from the sniper rifles. In addition to this, I don't beleive rangers can take brightlances. In addition to this, if there are a lot of bright lances they will be shooting at your exorcist (giving the rest of your army a free run of the board).

I really like how your sisters will be able to clean up any eldar vehicles or walkers, even if your exorcist' get destroyed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with everything in vehicles or starting in a psudoresearve you get around the problems with the ranger disruption tables. Dont worry too much about bright lance as most alaitoc armies just cant field that many. its just too hard for most people to balance everything and make sure they get the antitank in there that they need. Unfortunatly with 4rth edition the sniper rifles can now pen or glance your rhinos with enough shots. so beware. the smoke launchers should help out quite a bit. you've got a good mix of high str and anti infantry so this should nice for you. dont worry about more then one unit of CC squads. theres just not enough room for much more at 1500 points. If by chance you do get into CC with a WL remember you can barely wound the WL if you use the +2 str act of faith ability. itll take alot of rolls but if it was wounded before you might be able to finish it off that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats what the melta guns are for. With all of that high strength assault weapon power he doesn't need to worry about killing Wraith lords in close combat.

Heck, he doesn't even need to disembark. If the target is scouts, the Heavy flamers deny cover saves (and the eldar regular saves). If the target is a wraith lord, then ANY squad in his list can melta-gun it. Its a very strong list. That strategy also ignores the impact of two exorcists shooting at, and grabbing the attention of, high priority targets like wraith lords.

Alaitoc will be calling YOUR army cheezy.

The sniper fire on your Rhinos probably won't be much of a problem if your Exorcists distract them enough, but that really depends on your aponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game went very well... I pld second so my exposed Rhinos took several lance shots of which one was destroyed.
    So I rushed him on my first turn, disembarked and with combined fire from the exorsists and sisters I felled a wraithlord (bolters+DG took down a wraithlord... sooo fluffy )

A single dominion squad destroyed 10 Banshees... flamers+DG ; )
    The snipers were no problem at all.. I only had minimal losses to them.
    Pathfinders were a bit of a pain in the arse but nothing too significant.... sadly my calidus came on Turn5 or else they would have been dealt with much earlier.

A brave sisters squad locked a wraithlord in combat for 3 turns... with a few lucky ld tests... then they broke and returned using an act, only to be made Martyrs by the wraithlord... they left their mark on him though, leaving him with 1 wound.

I lost both exorcists eventually...

He had this item on his skimmers which meant we roll 2 dice for damage and he picks one... so by only getting glances on his skimmers it took more firepower than I expected.
    Eventually I got them shaken so they stayed put for a turn to be hit by short-range firing meltaguns

A swooping Hack squad charged my celestians and his exarch managed 12 power weapon hits of which 8 wounded and I saved 6 of them, thanks to Spirit of the Martyr... Acts of Faith are sooo great

All in all it went great... maybe I should use an eversor next time...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah an eviscerator would definately make close combat with a wraithlord easier

Good to hear your battle went well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eventually I got them shaken so they stayed put for a turn to be hit by short-range firing meltaguns
    Do you mean stunned? Being shaken only prevents them from firing, not moving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah that's the one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, bloody skimmers. I remember one game where against my tau friend. I "penetrated" on his hammerhead at least 7 times, but due to the damn skimmer rule they were all glances-and of those, i rolled 3 weapon destroyed and 4 shakens-such horrible luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by sgel@Feb 4 2005, 11:13
    So I rushed him on my first turn, disembarked and with combined fire from the exorsists and sisters I felled a wraithlord (bolters+DG took down a wraithlord... sooo fluffy )
    [snapback]320495[/snapback]
    How does that work? Bolters can't touch a Wraithlord, it's toughness is too high. DG may take away its save, but if you can't wound it...?

And while i'm in pedantic mode:

"Heh, bloody skimmers. I remember one game where against my tau friend. I "penetrated" on his hammerhead at least 7 times, but due to the damn skimmer rule they were all glances-and of those, i rolled 3 weapon destroyed and 4 shakens-such horrible luck sad"

3 weapon destroyed would kill a hammerhead. It only has 2 weapon systems, the 3rd would immobilise it, and if you check your damage tables, and your skimmer rules, that would kill him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast