Wings On A Grand Master - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out what wings would look good on a grand master.. Not sure whether i want metalic wings or feather ones.

anyone with ideas of which wings to get and how best to put them on my mini..

thanx alot

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Member Supreme Grand Master Sky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Metalic ones. if they were real ones they rest of the Inquisition who say he was possessed or was gaiven them by Chaos and they would have to kill him :blush:

The best thing to attach them is using a lot of green stuff, super glue and and maybe some pinning
    Purge the daemon where ever it may be!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

I used the wings off of an Eldar swooping hawk guy. Right size, and they look properly metallic - like Sky said, real wings would mean chaotic taint, meaning that the GM wouldn't have ever been allowed to live, much less make the rank of GM.

As for attaching them, I use epoxy for all my metal models - no pinning needed, and the joint ends up being stronger than most of the metal around it ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you could also say that your grandmaster is the son of sanguius. Or he is Deus Encarne. I seem to remember that sanguius also had wings. Even though he was a mutant he was one of the most loyal primarchs. Also I believe another more recent case of a winged figure was saint Celestine. She had wings and she was a friggin living saint.

some good metal wings taht you could try putting on your GM that would look really cool are the warhammer fantasy carrion wings. Its one piece of soild metal and it fits really nicely onto a grey knights back. I have put them on a grey knight body once before and they looked pretty natural. Also if you really wanted to make your grandmaster look really angelic you could TRY and put the lord of change wings on him. That might require a lot of work though with green stuff and everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea i find it very hard to believe that they would sacrifice a GM because he grew angelic wings... Thinking both of Sanguinius and the living saint.... its not like he grew crazy bat wings.

The wings on the pegasus look about the right size to me and I'm also looking for the right pieces to make a halo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

dont forget, sarpedon thought that his mutations were a good thing to.

purity above all else means your willing to sacrafice anyone to stay pure from mutation. go with the swooping hawk wings like mEGALOMANIAC said.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They dont have to be HIS wings, they could be bionic attachments like the wings on cherubim.

Dont discount the wings from the Warmaster scale giant eagles, they are very close to perfect scale wise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HI

Sidearm is quite correct. The "wings" could be a battle trophy preserved and attached to the armour. I do not think anyone is trying to add the flight ability to the GM here...
    Actually that would be pretty cool... Imagine: GM and Personal Guard flying 12" movement into battle!! :lol: Flying GK Termies would certainly frighten a few opponents I think.

Anyone could even arguably put a Greater Daemon's wings on a GM as a "trophy" and warning to those chaos tained that the GM has dealt with them before.

Of course anything that actually grew out of him is another matter entirely. Here you would need to stick with the angelic type wings. Otherwise there is a serious issue with mutation and or taint.

mEGLO's idea for metallic wings would, imho, look really cool on the GM going nicely with his armour.

Axit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have wings on my Gm, well sorta. You see I got some pegasus wings and modeled them to look like they'd been half torn off. The idea behind this was that my Grandmaster (goes by the name of The Morningstar.) used to be in the thrall of Deamons and they gifted him wings. But he saw the error of his ways and tore of his wings and brutally slaughtered the deamons. He then went on to join the deamon hunters. He is under constant scrutiny in the inquisition but his skill is so undeniable that he rose to the rank of Gm.
    As you can see with enough of a plotline you can justify anything!
    War necessitates a different set of morals.
    Mine will do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two problems Truesight. The first is necromancy.

The second is herasy of the highest order. Servise to daemons is not even forgiven by death. To quote, "The daemonic leads to two crimes, you turn away from the path of righteousness and you abandon the emperor as the object of your devotion. The second is a Heresy so terrible that no punishment can be sufficient. Yet the search for an appropriate penalty continues, and it shall be found. "

Remember, ir is better that 100 innocents perish than 1 kneel before the daemon. Said GM would have kneeled as a thrall, and then, instead of being granted enterance to the grey knights. Either he would become a Radical Inquisitor, or he would have bee arcoflagelated, scourged and evicerated until he died.
    Where's your Baritone Saxophone?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast