Sisters Models As Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sisters Models As Marines

Hiya. I was strongly considering buying a squad of Sisters of Battle to use in my Marine army as a tac squad. I play vanilla marines, and don't see any reason why I couldn't just say that my Chapter was desperate and recruited anyone, male or female, who might take to the gene-seed. The reason for this is that I think Sisters look really freakin' cool, but being a guy I have no desire to field a Sisters army. Does anyone see a real problem with this? If so why? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

I don't think that it can be done.

1)For start if you actually thinking of having female space marines...females can't have the gene seed because their body refuses it from their system. However not many people know this, so as long as you use the space marine's points instead of sisters it should be okay...sort of.
    2) The old rule of useing sisters as allies to boost up another imperial army, has eneded. But i suppose you could use them if your oppent agree's to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't have any problems with it at least. I think it's a good idea.

As long as you have made your own fluff for your own chapter, I think people who would deny you the use of them, is just being difficult
    Master Belial

'But for corruption thou hast made Belial, an angel of hostility. All his dominions are in darkness, and his purpose is to bring about wickedness and guilt. All the spirits that are associated with him are but angels of destruction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

sorry to be a downer. by the way. I f you really like the sisters then you should try a sister army. if the fact that they are female gets you down then why not a redemptionist army because then you can have Uriah jacobs or another male speacial character as your HQ, your troops will be redemptionists (such as Zealots, and redemptionist priests) you could have confessors, preachers and missionarys in it too and then you could leave the sisters for fast attack and elights....heavy support well you never really see the crew of an Exorcist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I intend to use full marine points cost for the Sisters models. They would be Marines in all aspects, except they would be female. For the record, NO female would accept the gene-seed? I know that even for males few people can accept it, and the way I see it is that although not common, some females could accept the gene-seed. Besides, it would fit my Chapters backstory of a mixed gene-seed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

the fact that no female could not except the gene seed was just a little fluff that i heard when i asked why there were no female space marines a long time ago. But there really should be no problem with it. I think it woul be really cool to see females on the main force. (sorry guardsmen). SO GO FOR IT"! and may the emperor be with you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say go for it. It doesn't sound like you've got any problems covering it in your army's fluff, so if you like the models, why not? You could always say that your army's apothecaries developed some sort of experimental method for allowing women to accept the geneseed. You could even through in a little friction with the Inquisition because of it, but that's purely up to you (and might be out if you want to use Grey Knights a lot...and who doesn't?).

Anyway, it's your army and your money, so if you like it, go for it.

This raises an interesting question though...if you put together a female Space Marine and a male Space Marine, could you get a baby Space Marine...?...Just a thought...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.This raises an interesting question though...if you put together a female Space Marine and a male Space Marine, could you get a baby Space Marine...?...Just a thought...
    Maybe. What if there was a Tau and an Eldar? Maybe you'd have a good shooter/close combat person?

Anyway, go ahead and use the SOBs. Who would complain? But, there is something wrong. A Sister of Battle's BS is 3 and WS 3, and a Space Marines is BS 4 and WS 4. What would you do in a situation like that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'e said 'e's gonna pay marine point costs and treat em like normal marines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

This raises an interesting question though...if you put together a female Space Marine and a male Space Marine, could you get a baby Space Marine...?...Just a thought...
    I think space marines can have baby's anyway. I once read a story in Inferno about a guardsman who was a son of a space marine and of a normal woman.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast