Cc Grey Knights - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cc Grey Knights

Senior Member JuliusGaiusCaesar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an army primarily made up Grey knights and some Inquisitorial stormtroopers. What armies should i not want to get into CC with?

Et imperator Invocato Diabolus Daemonica Exorcist!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

box
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None really i think grey knight are awsome as hell. i gues you wouldnt want to get into close combat with orks with choppas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by box@Feb 10 2005, 21:12
    None really i think grey knight are awsome as hell. i gues you wouldnt want to get into close combat with orks with choppas
    [snapback]326114[/snapback]

of couse. GKs are hands down THE best regular troops in cc. hvy ccw's are quite annoying.

=][=
    A man's at odds to know his mind, for his mind is aught he has to know it with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Orks and Khorne Berzerkers are pretty nasty in CC, especially if they get the charge. Blood Angels used to be, but I haven't played them since the new SM codex so I couldn't say now.

Just about any really dedicated CC unit will hurt regular GK, but regular GK will hurt just about any non-CC unit, and most CC units as well ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Originally posted by mEGALOMANIAC@Feb 11 2005, 14:49
    Orks and Khorne Berzerkers are pretty nasty in CC, especially if they get the charge. Blood Angels used to be, but I haven't played them since the new SM codex so I couldn't say now.

Just about any really dedicated CC unit will hurt regular GK, but regular GK will hurt just about any non-CC unit, and most CC units as well ^^
    [snapback]326145[/snapback]
    This fellow has pretty much hit the nail on the head. Anything that you wouldn't want Marines fighting, you should at least think twice about charging with Grey Knights. Things like Howling Banshees and Dark Eldar Incubi will tear GKs a new one.

Units like gaunts and basic Orks prefer to be in combat, while GKs are quite good at shooting as well as CC. This suggests that you should keep your opponent OUT of close combat as long as possible, and make use of your top-notch shooting ability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are facing Bloodletters: lay down and die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in all honesty, i like to shoot with my gk almost more than ilike to assault with them (omg). they are very effective at being mobile fire bases (can soot at least as much as twice their number of marines, ON THE MOVE). i use my termisfor cc. why do you ask? well, not many units can put out the shells per turn that they can, and most units that they can get in to cc with the enemy wants in cc (b/c of the lack of transports) or horde armies - which are better to shoot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

in all honesty, i like to shoot with my gk almost more than ilike to assault with them
    Well, considering that GK in power armor get the same amount of attacks regardless of charging or being charged, that isn't so far fetched. By not charging, you get more time spent shooting, which is always a good thing (because they can't shoot back&#33. Use them like a mobile firebase, and don't worry too much if they get charged, since it's all the same for them.

One note on the above, though: Khorne Berzerkers get a ridiculous amount of attacks on the charge. So against certain units, it's definitely better for the GK to charge over staying back to shoot more, just to prevent the enemy from getting charging attacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything that has Furious Charge for instance...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

something called howling banshees if u fight eldar....

30 power weapons attacks can be annoying.... just kill them with some AP 4 guns...
    Hello all.

I'm a french canadian :p

+ Reply to Thread