My Poor Inquisitor Coteaz Model - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have several SM armies and a big IG army, and then I have several Inquisitor models and henchmen models, as well as a squad of GK Terminators and BC Stern. Now, my question is this: I love the way my Inq. Coteaz model came out, but will he ever be useful? I have come up with several different ideas but none of them seem like they'd be any good. I could use him as the cheaper elite version and have a strong IC in CC, but a strong IC with a low I is very bad these days against anything but Guard and Tau and that's about it. As an Inquisitor Lord, his retinue starts getting really expensive if you want to make it CC happy, and then you make a big fat target for everyone's missle launchers and heavy bolters.

To sum up, I really like my model and I think a "powerful" (quotes because power is relative in 40k, there are also demon princes that overpower just about everything) inquisitor is something very fluffy that I'd really like to toss into my IG army. I just wish I could give him a nemesis force weapon instead of that stupid thunder hammer that makes him go last :hmm:

Karnov let all of us fulfil our repressed dreams of being a fat Russian man running around in the great outdoors and getting shot at by weird stone heads and crap. You didn't have a repressed fantasy about doing such marvelous things? Well, I don't believe you . . . [djpretzel]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Well, you can count it as an annointed weapon instead of a thunderhammer. Or a Daemonhammer.

What do you use for CC in your Guard army? If you have one of those tooled command squads, complete with Commissars and everything, then an elite Inquisitor is a fluffy and useful addition to it, imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I was thinking about making an army with a suped up HQ squad just for fun. This would include a powerfist senior officer, a power fist commissar, veterans with ccw +plasma pistols and Nord Deddog and Solar Macharius. This army would not really stand much of a chance but it would be really fun when people see what comes out of the chimera. Addding the Inquisitor was also part of my plan but even an annointed weapon isn't that great when you're str 3. That's why I was thinking hammerhand or thunder hammer, the former allowing armor saves (and psychic test which at the leadership the normal inquisitor has...yuck) and the latter making you go last. I also realize that I could very easily (and for less points probably) add just a grey knight hero as an IC to my army and then really make people question charging my HQ but it's just not as fun for me to have this super human guy amongst my normals. The OM Inquisitor sounds so cool because he's supposedly this normal human, but with the right equipment he can fell a monster. It just seems that won't ever happen
    Karnov let all of us fulfil our repressed dreams of being a fat Russian man running around in the great outdoors and getting shot at by weird stone heads and crap. You didn't have a repressed fantasy about doing such marvelous things? Well, I don't believe you . . . [djpretzel]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well....call it a force weapon - they can be hammers. strikes in i order and will kill any multi wound guys that come after you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The OM Inquisitor sounds so cool because he's supposedly this normal human, but with the right equipment he can fell a monster. It just seems that won't ever happen
    If you have other bodies in the command squad then I'd suggest a needle pistol, thunder hammer, and icon of the just. This way, you'll be more of a threat to monstrous creatures, and you're taking advantage of items from the DH armory that can't be found in the IG armory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems like the Coteaz model is really suited to just representing Inquisitors fighting Daemons with a Daemonhammer. That way you can strike powerfully and at initiative order. That of course is what the model is made for, but is really too niche for an overall army.
    I'm afraid inquisitors in general just arent suited for taking on any opponent other than Daemons. Their low strength is a handicap for using power weapons of any type other than those that increase strength, which then usually drop the iniative unfortunately.
    Lightning claws seem to be the solution, but I'm having difficulty finding a way make a suitable model for that without putting him in Termi armor. Anyone with experience converting a dual lightning claw Inquisitor that could tell me the parts needed and its effectiveness would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

118 (x6)

bite the bullet, give him Art.Armor, ThunderHammer, IconJust, 3 Acolytes w/ Shields, and 3 Combat Servitors.

or make him elite and give him just Thammer, ArtArmor and/or Icon.

basically, you don't use =][= if you're trying to be very competitive. they're awsome fluffy/fun units, but sadly their price is higher than their combat value

i mean seriously, even a modest =][=/retinue will run you over the price of a LemanRuss MBT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maus, pm me about the lc's and ill fill you in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember, coteaz can have 4 of each, so 4 combat servis if you wanted to. 4 Servis, 4 Acolytes, just one big happy-go-lucky cc retinue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x8)

Please don't dig up threads that have been dead for nearly a year. Stick to the most recent few pages.

+ Reply to Thread