Ma Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ma Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my supposed army, thoughts and comments desired.

Bro-Cap Stern
    6 x GK Termies (bodyguard)
    2 x 10 Grey Knights in Power Armor (1 Justicar and 1 incinerator in each unit)
    2 x Land Raider (trans. for GKs)
    2 x heavy armor
    1 x smoke launcher

What ya think?

Henceforth no man shall set foot upon the world, and all around shall be set sentinals to ward away unwary spacecraft. We must accept that this place is lost to us forever, and is now the eternal habitation of abomination.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>another annoying thing i hate: 47,000 similies in one post. just thoght id throw that in there and see if anybody else hates it as much as i do.</div>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bro-Cap = 141
    6 Termie Guard = 276
    10 Grey Knights = 285
    10 Grey Knights = 285
    01 Land Raider = 250
    01 Land Raider = 250
    Heavy Armor = ????
    I&#39;m gonna assume heavy armor = dreadnaught, so I&#39;ll give it the cheapest weapon...
    01 Dreadnaught = 110
    01 Dreadnaught = 110
    01 Smoke Launchers? = 3
    TOTAL: 1710

Well... huh? If this is for 1500, it&#39;s too much, if it&#39;s for 2000, you should throw in more, you have -210 or +290.

Personally, I&#39;d elect to toss out the Land Raiders, but that&#39;s because I cringe at 250 for a.... transport. Even if it does have double lascannons.... just.... damn.

EDIT: On a second note, if the heavy armors are dreadnaughts, that&#39;s 4 heavy support selections... *cough*
    Every whisper of the future from the Warp speaks of a hundred battles lost, a thousand lives devoured and a million enemies born. -- Inquisitor Lord Babel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check back on that there... did I say dreadies? No. No I did not.
    Henceforth no man shall set foot upon the world, and all around shall be set sentinals to ward away unwary spacecraft. We must accept that this place is lost to us forever, and is now the eternal habitation of abomination.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>another annoying thing i hate: 47,000 similies in one post. just thoght id throw that in there and see if anybody else hates it as much as i do.</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well tell us what the hell you meant to say, cos by my daemonhunters codex, u cant purchase a &#39;heavy armour&#39;

its a bix of a force, but u got no troops man, you&#39;d get swamped hard by a large ork mob... yer wow you have WS 5 and S6.. but orks have the same init (12+ models passes WAAAGH test, double init, innit?) and u get 4+ saves... and they are able to have 30 boyz...

you&#39;d get overrun hard, try a force with more infantry, such as this one

--------------------------------------
    HQ-

Grand Master (162 pts)
    -Upgrades: Hammerhand, Frag Grenades, Melta Bombs, Targeter
    Retinue: 4 Grey Knight Terminators (219 pts)
    -Upgrades: Holocaust, Incinerator

Troops-

8 Grey Knights (261 pts)
    -Upgrades: Justicar (with Targeter), Psycannon, Incinerator

8 Grey Knights (261 pts)
    -Upgrades: Justicar (with Targeter), Psycannon, Incinerator

10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers (147 pts)
    -Upgrades: 2 Meltaguns, Veteran Sgt w/ Teleport Homer, Auspex, Melta Bombs
    Transport: Rhino (58 pts)
    -Upgrades: Smoke Launchers, Extra Armour

Inducted Imperial Guard Infantry Platoon (161 pts)
    =Command Section: Lieutenant, 4 Guardsmen
    =Squad Alpha: 10 Guardsmen
    -Upgrades: Flamer
    =Squad Beta: 10 Guardsmen

Inducted Imperial Guard Infantry Platoon (161 pts)
    =Command Section: Lieutenant, 4 Guardsmen
    =Squad Gamma: 10 Guardsmen
    =Squad Delta: 10 Guardsmen

Heavy Support-

Lance Strike (70 pts)

Total Points: 1,500 pts
    Total Models: 81

--------------------------------------

if u feel it doesnt have enough anti-armour then tweak the points to get ML&#39;s for the IG instead of flamers...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with everyone else. You lack big time in troops. So you&#39;ve got two bad ass tanks. All that takes is two lucky shot&#39;s in the first turn. What does that leave you with. Not much. So now you have not a whole lot of troops plus all of your heavy hitting fire power is lying in rubble (from 2 shots). Your enemy&#39;s boys are just going to have a feild day with whatever you have left on the board. Ditch the land raiders and use rhino&#39;s, That&#39;s 400 pts less. And get your self some damn troops. If your hell bent on land raiders, then just take one. Taking two is just plain stupid. I&#39;m not saying this to put you down, just saving you from the humiliation of being severly stomped on the battle grounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, you guys are right and all, but I&#39;m just starting playing, I painted before but now I&#39;m dicovering the game. I play all GKs, no Stormtroopers for me. What if I take out the Land Raiders on the BC Stern, and repace with a... Inquisitor? Grand Master? Whatever. That could be a 1000 point army. And I included 20 GKs. Troops? What are you talking about? I know I should use some of them as Fast Attack, but still, even one squad of ten GKs is pretty impressive. Thanks, and Keep the advice coming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I forgot to say Heavy Armor = all Crew Stunned results end up as Crew shaken. It&#39;s in the codex, I think. I just used it to use up extra points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh.. thats for Dreads/Vehicles, you know that right? You can&#39;t have heavy armour as a choice, it would be like a slab of metal on the battle field.
    I&#39;m gonna assume you mean that for the LRs tho, so that would work...

I think when a fellow above this said you have no troops, he means that you have a low ammount of them, which is the problem with a pure GK army. Stormies are usually used to supliment numbers tho.
    I&#39;d drop the LRs, use either more GKs or Stormies and switch some of the GKs to fast attack instead of the LRs, if your hell bend on being a pure GK army then thats your best bet for the most troops available.

Ender, I don&#39;t know if you play GK or not but we can&#39;t use Rhinos so... yea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 terminators as guards is alot of terminators. Maybe good for like 1500 pts, but for 1000, you might not want to field them. It&#39;ll give you a whole lot more room for GK&#39;s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I don&#39;t play Daemon hunters. So in that case I&#39;d say just drop the land raiders and use the extra points on troops. Just remember that if you spend too many points on one thing, and that one thing can be snuffed out on the first turn with one las cannon shot. Then you probably shouldn&#39;t do it. not good when a 250 pt model get killed on the furst turn and for the rest of the game your outnumberd by 250 or so points

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast