Drop Pods - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drop Pods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going over my codex again recently, (because I want to re-do all my old army lists again,) and I found the section on Drop Pods. It then got me thinking that I never EVER see anyone use them. Does anyone here use them? And if so how?

I was thinking of DPing a squad of marines next to a tank with a Melta gun. It would be better than a squad in a Rhino since there's no chance it would be destroyed before it reaches the target.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Originally posted by Pooky@Feb 12 2005, 17:55
    I was going over my codex again recently, (because I want to re-do all my old army lists again,) and I found the section on Drop Pods. It then got me thinking that I never EVER see anyone use them. Does anyone here use them? And if so how?

I was thinking of DPing a squad of marines next to a tank with a Melta gun. It would be better than a squad in a Rhino since there's no chance it would be destroyed before it reaches the target.
    [snapback]327650[/snapback]
    Honestly, I don't even play SM, but I have imagined two really great uses for Drop Pods and Dread's.

1) Infantry Killer - Equip your Dread with an Assault Cannon and a Heavy Flamer with a CCW, and Drop Pod him right next to any enemy unit (praying that the scatter keeps you within the template range). The flamer and the Assault Cannon should do reasonably well against all Infantry but the 3+ saves (you know who they are). After that, they either shoot back vs. 12 AV or charge against 12 AV. If they don't do either and they run, you can either chase them or shoot them s'more.

2) Tank Killer - Put a Lascannon and a Missile Launcher (or keep the CCW) on this bad boy and Drop Pod him down behind your enemy's tanks, keeping away (since you have a great range with those weapons) from the table edge, and just blow them up. If they shoot back, you have a distraction to keep the enemy's heavy fire from your main forces, and if they don't then the rest of their vehicles are going to go boom very soon.

Hope this helps at all! (Another use is getting a Veteran Squad with CCW + BP and drop podding them into assault range, give them Furious Assault and go at it&#33

+ Reply to Thread