Radical Dh - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Radical Dh

Senior Member taint_of_the_dark_ones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

I'd like to know what people think about radical dh. What units are best and how they work. I was thinking of two Daemon Hosts, Vindicar assasisn, two squads os inquisitorial stormtroopers, and my radical inquisitor. Also, what equipment would be good for my inquisitor?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taint-

As a fellow Puritan I have found the lure of Radicalism too much for me. Speaking of that I commend you for being a radical. There should be more. What many people don't realize is that in WD 287 printed some pretty amazing weapons for a fellow radical inquisior. For example: Books of Pain, Blade of Pheadron, Blade of St. Aquitaine and Grimnor Pandemonica to name a few. I think that using two daemonhosts is a good idea. I don't think that the vindicar assassin is a good idea because if you are making a pure radical army, that is what you are most going to be lacking in is CC. Another Idea is to take an allied force of Relictor SM because fluff wise they both compliment each other.

GOOD LUCK.

IN FEALTY TO THE GOD EMPEROR AND BY THE GRACE OF THE GOLDEN THRONE I PRONOUNCE THEE THRICE DIABOLUS, THE EMPEROR PROTECTS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

It is by the glory of the holy emperor of mankind that I use the enemy's weapons against them. I will use the power of chaos to destroy chaos itself!

I wasn't sure if that equipment was legal, if it is that's great! Some of those weapons and artifacts rock! :lol: You're probably right about the vidicar assasin, but i was planing to use it to kill enemy characters etc. that might hinder my deamonhosts. AKA, other inquisitors and Daemon princes. On the note of the relictors, i was just starting a small force first, using models from the dh codex. When i expand the army, the relictors are definately in!

ps. do you have the rules on the relictors themselves, i lost that edition of WD! :realmad:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taint-

I confess that I lost the edition of WD too, but if it helps the article is called extremis diabolus. I know that they can take some daemon weapons such as the Dark blade and the choas banners but that is all up to the dice roll and I'm not sure on what the specific roll is.
    If you want to see what a radical list look like check out mine on this site: 1850 pts of pure stormtrooper fun. I found that you use these guys almost exclusivly. I have changed the list up a little bit though. I have given my lord books of pain. Now both my Inquisitor and inquisitor lord have lighning claws.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

If you want to see what a radical list look like check out mine on this site
    Thanks for that, but the link doesn&#39;t appear to be anywhere on your post&#33; <_<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

taint-

sorry about that its in the DH army list section. Its about the 3 or 4 down on the list on the first page

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Jeez they liked to criticise your list, i never get that much of a negative response&#33; I wish i did though as it realy does help&#33; Good list, love the stormies, in the gap of the land raider would be my daemon hosts and assasin. Good help. I&#39;m open to any more suggestions, good or bad&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

taint-

Yeah some of their critizim helped. I now made my inquisitors more formidable in CC with lightning claws. You&#39;ll find though that if you make a pure radical list. There are some holes in it. Oviously the only troop choice you have is stormtroopers, and we all know how steller they are in CC. It is also true that inquisitor squads are fragile. BUT WHAT OTHER OPTION DO YOU HAVE WITH STAYING WITH THE CODEDX. Also they don&#39;t have much of a firebase as aparent in my list. You know what though, I maintain that any DH army doesn&#39;t really have a good firebase (obviously with the exception of a purgation squad but they are sooooo expensive)
    The DH armies are supposed to be a rapid strike force army. Get in and Do the job and get out. Give the army two turns and you will start to see some results&#33;&#33; Imagine seeing some 60 odd stormtroopers, the inqusitors, the daemonhosts and the Assassin on your army by turn two that is a scary thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

They do lack a positive firebase but once in rapidfire range, and the support of the sniper, they&#39;re gonna do some damage. The cc assault will be the inquisitor and the Daemon Hosts, which i hope i&#39;ll have fun with, and i love the idea of plenty of storm troopers charging across the table, hilarious stuff&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taint-

Good luck fellow inquisitor, others may say we are heritices, but who can argue with results?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast