Techpriest For Daemonhunters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been developing this really cool strategy for my ironhands with a Techmarine and realized that's what's missing from the DH list. Why no techpriest? I say techpriest instead of a techmarine because of the space marine with GKs thing.

It's strange that the inquisitors and GKs can't get the tech support. If we field a dread, or a LR, we need them to last and it's a big blow when they go down. I can only assume it's for game balance. But we have servitors of all sorts, (less WS skill though) so we really should have it available.

So I developed my Iron hand list (heavy on the DH) with a techmarine as a HQ and he can keep the Dreads going. Something that my pure DH force rarely experiences. So using my DH assets like a LR, and Dreads, I've developed a SM list. Well 3 elements of it are, the rest is DH in disguise. The Land Raider would hold the GK troop squad if I went the inquisitor lord route.

Just curious, what way would y'all go, Inquisi Lord/Assassin or GK termies?

HQ
    Techmarine (4 tech servitors, requiring a 2+ to fix)(scion Trait)
    Inquisitor Lord (firestorm) OR GK GM w/ body guard

Elites
    2 Venerable Dreads TLLC/ML (always in B2B with Techmarine)(Wisdom Trait)
    Callidus Assassin (never leave home without her) OR more GK termies

Troops
    6man Tact Squad, 1 LC, razorback TLLC
    6man scout sniper squad
    8man GK squad, 2 psycannon
    7man GK squad, 1 incin

Fast Attack
    10man GK squad, 2 psycannons

Heavy
    Land Raider Crusader

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not a fan of the techmarine. If I remember correctly (I don't have my codices with me), the techmarine has to be in base-to-base contact with the vehicle he's repairing which means he has to travel to it before he can repair it. How many vehicles will a techmarine be able to repair in a six turn game?

Going back to your first point though, daemonhunters can't ally a techmarine because techmarines weren't around when the daemonhunters codex was written. Maybe they'll allow techmarines to be allied in a future version of the FAQ.

AR

+ Reply to Thread