Whatever Happened To The Legion Of The Damned? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was browsing through the uk Games Workshop site and came across the "Legion of the Damned" chapter of the space marines.

I was wondering if these guys still exist and if so why you never hear about them / nobody plays them.

I cannot find the rules for them in the current SM book and was also wondering if it was in a chapter approved or white dwarf.

They look cool and have invul saves. Was thinking of trying out this for a next army.

ForgottenKnight

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the legion of the damned were a really nice chapter and some really nice models, but with them only being released in metal and for the most part only through the mail order not to mention the fact that there was very limited models for them means they died off quite quickly, i have never seen a legion of the damned army, its a pity (though you have given me the idea for doing one)
    it could be done with a box of skeletons and the space marine sprues i suppose and if you know how to paint fire lol.

hmmmmmm you have given me food for thought
    Quote Originally Posted by artificer
    The quote is "in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war",
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"
    WELL SAID, NO MORE SQUATS THEY ARE DEAD GET OVER IT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can find the rules for them and some other SM armys like them in Chapter Approved 2004.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x4)

You can find the rules for them and some other SM armys like them in Chapter Approved 2004.
    Unfortunately, they are not valid in 4th Ed. The closest I have been able to come to the old rules is:
    1. Voluntary restriction on Vehicles, in line with the old rules (Alternatively, see 3).
    2. Two traits, can't remember the names, but one gives you constant cover saves, and the other allows you to infiltrate (deep strike would be more in line with the old rules, but drop pods don't quite fit with the image of ghostly marines materialising on the battle field)
    3. The "We Stand Alone" disadvantage (I can't remember if you need to take another as well, perhaps "Aspire to Glory" to represent the limited vehicles).
    ___
    Greetings from Planet X, I hope you enjoy your day.
    Join us in the Librarium Online Chatroom

Junior Member Wolf Lord Erik Winterwolf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it's called : Where they come from, nobody knows...
    I've seen one, but never played against it.
    <span style='color:gray'>Follow me, Sons of Russ, into glorious battle and fight for the immortal Emperor, and I will lead you back to the Fang uncorrupted to fight another day&#33; .</span>

-<span style='color:blue'>Erik Winterwolf, Wolf Lord</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

I&#39;ve played against them numerous times, and they are fun to use, and fun to play against, to my knowledge you can still use them, the rules are pretty flexible and it wouldn&#39;t be that hard for two players to come to a consensus on how they should be deployed... and if i remember right they don&#39;t always get cover saves... invuls yes. Read the chapter approved 2004 for yourself.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

+ Reply to Thread