Mortis Pattern Dreadnought - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Hey all, I have a dilemma. I have a Mortis pattern dreadnought with interchangable Arms (Lascannon and Missile launcher from Forge world) to make either a 2 Twin-linked lascanon or a 2 Missile launcher Dreadnought...

Now I mostly play 1500 pts battle and my most common enemy is Tau (about 7 out of 10 games I play is Vs Tau). This being said, I like the Lascannons for the extra punch (even though its only 1 extra str) against the broadsides and the hammerheads but i also like the frag option on the 2 missile launchers... (krack vs vehicles and frag vs fire warriors cause they don't get their saves...) What would you people recommend???

thanks in advance

HyperX

I had this long signature made up, but I didnt like it...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    -61 (x0)

Two things:

First, there may be some special rules I'm not aware of, but a Space Marine Dreadnaught, according to the Codex, can not have either two Lascannons or two Missile Launchers.

Second, Frag Missiles will certainly not deny Firewarriors their saves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

For #1 - Its a special Dreadnought only available to the Dark angels and their successor chapters... Its a Dreanought that can weild - 2 of a certain weapon.. so either, 2 twin linked Lascannons, 2 twin linked heavy bolters, 2 twin linked auto-cannons or 2 missile launchers. Is a forgeworld peice available through Imperial Armor II

For #2 - Yup.. im being stupid on that one, sorry... Frag dont negate Tau armor... i must be on crack or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

The Mortis is not only allwed for DA and thier succesors, though it does exist replacing its Close combat weapon with a second weopon, so 2 twin linkes lascannons or autocannon or missiles.
    In response to the question I would go twin lascannons,not only do they have better strength and ap but as twin-linked bs4 you only have a 1 in 9 chance of missing with it and with Tau skimmers what you really need is volume of hits. Plus 2 twin lascannons will be useful against Broadsides, where ap3 missiles will fail. You can argue the case for frags but with properly dispersed troops they are actually worse than Kraks at killing Tau, a frag template would need to cover 3 to have a reasonable chance of a kill wheras a krak hit will kill one on a 2+.
    Go lascannons IMO. But i have never used a Mortis, do you deepstrike it?? how long does it last in the face of incoming fire??
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    -61 (x0)

That's really cool. If you can, I'd definitely go for two Assault cannons. It wouldn't be all that expensive (comparably) and two assault cannons will do better than two lascannons (though not as well as two twin-linked lascannons) at tank killing, while dealing infantry much more effectively (even dealing with heavy infantry well, due to rending).

If not, yeah, I'd go with the lascannons. That would be pretty powerful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If used in a nilla army, where would that thing fall in the FOC. Would that be a VDR Heavy or Elite?
    breath, sight, squeeze.

now double tap just for grins

and Another One bite's the dust.

A bolter round for all that oppose the Emperor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

To Wings of doom: The Mortis is ONLY for DA and their successors.. its in the book im looking at it as we speak...

To Bean.. no you cant do 2 assault cannons.. i said it in my post the only ones you can have are:
    2 twin linked Lascannons, 2 twin linked heavy bolters, 2 twin linked auto-cannons or 2 missile launchers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

I am sorry HyperX, I have seen Mortis' in other SM armies is all, like Black Templars and Ultra smurfs. I do appologize. I still say lascannons though, and how does it work?? does it live past your opponents first turn??
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

+ Reply to Thread