Jump Packs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jump Packs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want my inquisitor to be mobile, but I find that a rhino or chimera is a bit too vulnerbale for my taste. Is there anyway to give him a bike or jump pack?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope. With luck they will have them in the next codex. Mabe they will even have an Jump pack GK unit. Mabe it would be 40 pts a model, but it would be good. Perhaps they just didn't want jump pack GMs. If you are worried about vulnerability, get a LR.
    Where's your Baritone Saxophone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hrm, when is the 4th edition Daemonhunter Codex supposed to come out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont hold your breath.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Seeing as it's about a year and a half old now, and every other codex aside from SM and WH is older, they don't have a revision even scheduled yet. I never got why everyone always talks about "the next version of the DH codex". It's years and years away, if at all.

If you want an Inquisitor with a pack or bike, wait for Alien Hunters - since they work so closely with standard Marines (Deathwatch), they might have access to that kind of gear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just going crazy trying to find a good way to get my teleport homers any where useful. Sure rhinos are nice to move around but I have to disembark first turn if I want to use the homer next turn, and then my stormtroopers have a bad habit of being ripped up by stealth suits or truck boyz.

On a side note I've never heard of deathwatch before-where can I find out more about them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

They're discussed in Index Astartes. Deathwatch is a collection of Vets from all the regular SM chapters. Their job is to hunt and destroy aliens. They're the Chamber Militant for the Ordo Xenos, which incidentally is the next codex GW is planning on releasing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An inquisitor on a bike would be badass. Jump Pack would be good, but not as cool. And I doubt they'll ever have Jump Pack Grey Knights. Same reason they don't have Grey Knight Rhinos, it doesn't fit the style and army composition the developers had in mind, and it would be obscenely overpowered.

Terzo, I was thinking about that problem the other day and came up with this. Now, the problem is I'm not 100% sure this is legal, I couldn't find anything conclusive in the rulebook. Take an elite Inquisitor, (This is a big problem, a whole Elite slot wasted. I usually don't take any elites other than Grey Knight terminators, but I dunno about you.) give him a teleport homer and some equipment (I was actually thinking about just a bolter.) Have him joined to a squad of Storm Troopers in a Rhino, and on the first turn race forward and have him hop out, while the squad stays in the rhino. Looking in the rulebook, I didn't see a rule expressly allowing or disallowing this. Obviously, a squad has to be all in the vehicle or no one in the vehicle, but the Inquisitor is a seperate character. Since the rules do say that a character leaves a squad by moving out of coherency with it, I think it would work. It seems to me that the disembarkation is a move out of coherency with the squad. I won't be actually trying this any time soon, so whether it's legal or not isn't a pressing matter to me. The really nice thing about this is that the Inquisitor can't be targeted unless he's the closest model to the enemy, so position him behind the rhino, and unless it and all the stormtroopers are killed he can't be shot. Anyway, if it's legal it could work well.
    There's an angel on my shoulder, in my hand a sword of gold.

+ Reply to Thread