Techy Unpgrades - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Techy Unpgrades

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what whould you guys give a techmarine? i am going to collect a sm army and i was thinking of have a techmarine as they are cool but i don't know what to give him. thinking of having scions of mars trait as techmarine HQ qould be cool.

Oshovah is very mad DEATH TO THE HERRITICS!!!!!!!! AUNSHI RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its not me that scares you, its your inability to accept differences

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Oshovahiscool@Mar 7 2005, 15:56
    what whould you guys give a techmarine? i am going to collect a sm army and i was thinking of have a techmarine as they are cool but i don't know what to give him. thinking of having scions of mars trait as techmarine HQ qould be cool.
    [snapback]345938[/snapback]
    Well for me, the full servo harness makes the model look even cooler, and you get a reroll I believe in trying to repair vehicles. The harness has some nice in built weapons, better armour, and extra attacks. If you combine that with Scions of Mars, I'm not sure you would need to kit him out any further.

It all depends I guess on what you intend your Techie to do. Is he going to support a heap of armour, or is he heading forward to attack the enemy? (NOTE: not really sure how good they are at the latter)

Anyway, have a look at the servo harness, and see what gaps if any that leaves. I'd also go for two techie servitors and two gun servitors (depending on who you're playing).

zenBoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yah, full servo harness really can be a good boost to your techmarine... you can pretty much modify him do do whatever, shooting, repairing, or cc... I tend to give mine (with scion of mars) bionics, full servo harness, mastercrafted weapon, terminator honours, I suslly replace the bolter with either a powerfist or both weapons with a pair of lightning claws... if hes my leader I give him iron halo...

they're so awsome in cc, 4-5 power attacks on the charge re-rolling wounds (lightning claws) and 2 additional powerfist attacks...

as for sevitors, it depends on what hes gonna do...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a techpriest (space wolves) and i want to get him a servo harness, but as of yet can't seem to buy it without buying a techmarine as well - not sure how legal this would be to field though, especially with no new chapter approved being announced yet.

As suggested above, see what the servo harness have s you lacking and arm him accordingly!
    Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules.
    13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be.

... and Daemonhunters make it three - now just need a spare room to store it all!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

A nasty 7 attacks on the charge with a Powerfist including the servo harness, nothing survives thet, I would go Halo, plasma pistol (4 shots if you stay still) and the fist plus Scions.
    Nastier than a commander.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

full harness, bionics and termy honours. The weapon config depends on what he'll be used for, but i leave it with those three, so he can stay back to repair my (now) armour heavy lists. He can easily hold his own in an assault too. If he'll be your HQ, add an iron halo and maybe adamantine mantle (these are infinately useful in my opinion). I sometimes add a squad of veterans, and a razorback to give him some horrific assault power on the charge.
    Never judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes...by that time they'll be a mile away, and have no shoes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

I opt for fire support, but mainly as i don't use devestators (nothing personal, just for the fluff of my chapter). Makes a nice fire base vs. basic, non-marine troops. against marines, he hangs out with my landraider, and provides cover fire for my termies.

Techmarine, full servo harness
    -4 gun servitors, heavy bolters
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would give him a servo harness and 3 heavy bolter servitors. That is what I use.
    <(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> ^(^^)^ Dance Kirby! Dance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just so you know, the Techy has heaps of great stuff, but his lower WS than the normal HQs could hurt when you get into cc with some of the nastier breeds....like my GK Grandmaster......or a DE Archon.....or a Khornate DP......

You should also know that the servitors sacrifice staying power for firepower and tend to drop like flies.
    When Da Boss iz in da house, ma
    Stomp it like a grot
    Stomp it like a grot
    Stomp it like a grot

When da WAAAAGH! gunna git at you
    Run it like a grot
    Run it like a grot
    Run it like a grot

When da oomies got an attytude
    Pop it like a grot
    Pop it like a grot
    Pop it like a grot

Got mo' daka in me hand den a shoota boy mob and da oomies wanna run when dey see me big WAAAGH!
    -Snoop Squigg Feat. Orkimedes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

Explain why his lower WS would hurt him against any of those? All of those have atleast 6 WS which makes you hit on 4s and they hit on 3s even against the other Marine HQs

Against OTHER WS5 HQs yes it hurts, and his 4 INT makes him pretty lame imo as normal troops get to strike him at same time

Scion of mars imo isn&#39;t worth it due to his lower Int and WS. The reason you&#39;d deck him out for CC is because he&#39;s another Independent character with a bunch of attacks

A normal veteran marine with 2 attacks costs 30 pts, lets say another wound is 15 pts also. So thats base 45pts. Add on a power weapon, signum and a power fist attack and he&#39;s pretty worth his points

Again tho, the lower Int really hurts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast