Blood Angels Special Characters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

I love the fluff and the models (and the stats) of the Blood Angels' special characters. I feel they give the army a lot of character.
    The problem is, though, they seem very expensive even in 2,000 point games, which I rarely play.

If you were in my shoes, which of the Blood Angels' special characters would you lean towards? (FYI, my Angels' style is assault oriented, of course, and very fast, with every unit jump packing, drop podding, deep striking, infiltrating, or in a Rhino. Additionally, it's pretty top-heavy. I have more points in HQ or Fast Attack than I do in troops. I have enough armies that footslog, this time I went for speed&#33

Lord Commander Dante
    Brother Corbulo
    Chaplain Lemartes
    Chief Librarian Mephiston
    Brother-Captain Tycho
    or
    Moriar the Chosen

Thanks for your input.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mephiston
    I think a great bumper sticker would be as follows:
    Proud parent of a child whose self-confidence is good enough that he doesn't need me advertising his minor scholastic achievements on my carclick me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mephiston. no question. He is by far the best and deffinetly has the best fluff. he'll wipe the floor with just about anyone, maybe even tigurius, chief librarian of the ultramarines.
    I shall destroy all who stand in my way. The Emperor shall be reborn in me, the Primarchs shall be remade in me. I shall cast down the Dark Gods, the Star Gods shall be consumed just as they consumed their brothers. Those who fell shall be redeemed, those who remained pure shall be rewarded. The Imperium shall regain its power and the Dark Age of Technology will seem like nothing. For I am the Numen and I am coming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

170 (x5)

Mephiston definitely does have some of the best fluff. (I can really get behind anyone who is called "Our Lord of Death".)

How would I use him, though?

The librarian I currently use is given a jump pack and a teleport homer, among other things. He is kitted for very short range action. Mephiston cannot be given a jump pack, as far as I know.

Would I give Mephiston an Honor Guard and a Rhino?

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I use special characters I usually take Chaplain Lemarted, he's a powerhouse and doesnt eat up a lot of points, heck regular BA chaplains more points than Lemartes is!
    Tact is for people who give a damn. I'm not one of those people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

170 (x5)

A normal Death Company Chaplain's cost includes the Death Company's cost. It says in the BA codex that the Death Company can be given to Lemartes for a specified number of points.

That said, even though Lemartes is a truck in combat, I just don't like his model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chief Librarian Mephiston

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

mephiston has no invulnerable save which really hampers his usefulness IMO. Same with Tycho, Corbulo, etc not to mention tycho and corbulo dont even have power weapons

It all depends what your army is supposed to do. Corbulo is amazing for close comba tsupport with a lot of squads nearby and Tycho is good for getting the death company up there quickly. I generally would only use Lemartes because you can field a shooting blood angel army around him OR a better assault army because you can reroll ANY blood rage test no matter the result

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Out of all of them I think Mephiston has the best fluff, but Dante and Lemartes seem like powerhouses, and are incredible to use. I play against my friends blood angels frequently, and Mephiston has a habit of getting crunched in close combat by Chaos Lord & LT that aren't even close to his points, and Dante & Lemartes tend to own most chaos HQ's and figures.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dante is pretty cool, however, he doesn't fare as well in close combat as hes hyped up to be. he really needs a decent HG to support him for him to really do much.

Moriar is . . . a badass. He works strangely because he can be shot down with one las cannon or he can be shot at by and entire army for 4 turns (plasma, las, melta) and go unharmed. *true story* For his cost he is well worth it as normal dreads' prices have jumped alot. In CC he is incredible. up to 9 attacks all str 10. Its just . . . i can't describe the carnage. Anyways, he might be a good pick. Hes pretty fun to paint i think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast