Sob/dh Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sob/dh Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I must say that I am new to the inquisition, and after browsing both the WH forums and DH forums I am thinking of putting together a Inquistion army. Now I know that the Grey Knights lack alot of heavy weapon support, do the SoB have the fire power to support the GKs?

Does anyone else play a mixed army? Do you have alot of success with it? Also do you use DH w/inducted WH or vice versa?

What is the best place for me to start? HQ and some troops?

I did a search but and I have thumbed through the codex's but I am still rather new to each of these armies.

Thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by CaptainClegg+Mar 10 2005, 17:27--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CaptainClegg &#064; Mar 10 2005, 17:27)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well I must say that I am new to the inquisition, and after browsing both the WH forums and DH forums I am thinking of putting together a Inquistion army. Now I know that the Grey Knights lack alot of heavy weapon support, do the SoB have the fire power to support the GKs?[/b]

In a word, yes. Sisters are a cheap source of massed bolters and then of course there&#39;s the Exorcist. Exorcists are awesome&#33;

Originally posted by CaptainClegg@Mar 10 2005, 17:27
    Does anyone else play a mixed army? Do you have alot of success with it? Also do you use DH w/inducted WH or vice versa?
    I think it&#39;s pretty even. DH players (particularly Grey Knight players) like to take Battle Sisters (cheap massed bolters) and Seraphim (so cool). WH players might take a unit of Fast Attack Grey Knights and a unit of Grey Knight Terminators so they can deep strike them.

The WH list has most of the bases covered and is a more flexible list than DH. DH players have a tough time on their own. Consequently, you probably get more DH armies with allied WH than WH armies with allied DH.

<!--QuoteBegin-CaptainClegg
    @Mar 10 2005, 17:27
    What is the best place for me to start? HQ and some troops?[/quote]
    As always. You don&#39;t have an army until you have these.

You&#39;ll need to decide whether you want to go canoness/sisters or inquisitor/stormtroopers. That&#39;s up to you.

AR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Adeptus Ridiculous@Mar 10 2005, 14:54

You&#39;ll need to decide whether you want to go canoness/sisters or inquisitor/stormtroopers. That&#39;s up to you.

AR
    [snapback]349112[/snapback]
    Well I know it is up to me but since I know little about that, what would you recommend?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It&#39;s very much a question of personal taste and style. Some players go for inquisitors and stormtroopers and then use inducted imperial guard or allied space marines to bulk out the force. Others go for a canoness and a pure sisters of battle force. Still others go for a blend of inquisition and adepta sororitas with maybe some allies thrown in.

Personally (and this is just an expression of my personal taste), I&#39;d go strong on the sisters and just add a little inquisition here and there (if I wanted to play stormtroopers, I&#39;d have picked imperial guard). You can add colour to a sisters force with inquisitors, penitent engines, arco flagellants and maybe an assasin or three). You also have a variety of vehicle options and you can use various armies as allies. This is more difficult to achieve in a DH force because Grey Knights won&#39;t tolerate radical units such as daemonhosts, won&#39;t ally with space marines, and have far fewer vehicle choices.

If I were you, I&#39;d start off with something like:

1 Palatine
    2 Boxes of Battle Sisters
    1 Vehicle of choice

That&#39;ll give you about 400 points and you can play 40K in 40 minutes rules with that.

Here&#39;s a tip by the way. If you want rhinos for your sisters, buy immolator kits. They cost a little more but come with adepta sororitas doors and some cool sisters accessories such as icons and such.

AR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Adeptus Ridiculous+Mar 10 2005, 15:38--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Adeptus Ridiculous &#064; Mar 10 2005, 15:3</div><div class='quotemain'>It&#39;s very much a question of personal taste and style. Some players go for inquisitors and stormtroopers and then use inducted imperial guard or allied space marines to bulk out the force. Others go for a canoness and a pure sisters of battle force. Still others go for a blend of inquisition and adepta sororitas with maybe some allies thrown in.

Personally (and this is just an expression of my personal taste), I&#39;d go strong on the sisters and just add a little inquisition here and there (if I wanted to play stormtroopers, I&#39;d have picked imperial guard). You can add colour to a sisters force with inquisitors, penitent engines, arco flagellants and maybe an assasin or three). You also have a variety of vehicle options and you can use various armies as allies. This is more difficult to achieve in a DH force because Grey Knights won&#39;t tolerate radical units such as daemonhosts, won&#39;t ally with space marines, and have far fewer vehicle choices.
    [snapback]349150[/snapback]
    [/b]

Good point about the IST, I understand where your coming from. If you wanted to us the Karskin models you would play the IG
    <!--QuoteBegin-Adeptus Ridiculous
    @Mar 10 2005, 15:38
    If I were you, I&#39;d start off with something like:

1 Palatine
    2 Boxes of Battle Sisters
    1 Vehicle of choice

That&#39;ll give you about 400 points and you can play 40K in 40 minutes rules with that.

Here&#39;s a tip by the way. If you want rhinos for your sisters, buy immolator kits. They cost a little more but come with adepta sororitas doors and some cool sisters accessories such as icons and such.

AR
    [snapback]349150[/snapback]
    [/quote]
    Thanks for the tip about the Rhinos I will have to consider that. So what your saying is go with WH with some GK allies here and there? Maybe a few deep strike squads? Also I am not sure what a Palatine is I am assuming it is an HQ though.

You know I never really cared for the SoB but the more I look into them, the more they grow on me. I am really liking the look of the Pentiant Engines. Now I have to find out if anyone at the local shop plays SoB because it would be cool to be the only one playing them.

Thanks for all your help AR&#33;&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by CaptainClegg@Mar 10 2005, 19:56
    Thanks for all your help AR&#33;&#33;
    You&#39;re welcome.

I wouldn&#39;t worry about including grey knights. There aren&#39;t that many holes in the WH list and the GK aren&#39;t the best fit for what holes there are. Include a squad or two for kicks if you like but don&#39;t feel you have to.

Yes, the Palatine is a HQ. Use her in 40K in 40 minutes games but for all other games, use the Canoness (a 3 wound version that is only a little more expensive but a whole lot better). You can use the same figure for both.

AR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Adeptus Ridiculous@Mar 10 2005, 17:12
    I wouldn&#39;t worry about including grey knights. There aren&#39;t that many holes in the WH list and the GK aren&#39;t the best fit for what holes there are. Include a squad or two for kicks if you like but don&#39;t feel you have to.

AR
    [snapback]349216[/snapback]
    So your saying that I am better off with an all SoB army?

Ok I got one more really stupid question; is there a difference between WH and SoB or is it just them name?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sisters of Battle refers to the Adepta Sororitas; Witch Hunters refers to the entire list (Ordo Hereticas & Adepta Sororitas).

In reality, most people (me included) use them interchangeably.

AR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Adeptus Ridiculous@Mar 10 2005, 17:53
    Sisters of Battle refers to the Adepta Sororitas; Witch Hunters refers to the entire list (Ordo Hereticas & Adepta Sororitas).

In reality, most people (me included) use them interchangeably.

AR
    [snapback]349252[/snapback]
    Cool thanks for clearing that up for me&#33;

Yeah I think I might include at least one squad of GK&#39;s just for the CC element (and I really like the models)

Could anyone give me some ideas of the WH weaknesses? Like what armies do you have the most trouble with and why. Thanks&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW&#33;&#33;&#33; I just got done reading the designer notes for Witch Hunters on the GW website (i know it is a little late, almost be out a year) and let me say I have never been so excited about starting an army. These gals look like an absolute blast to play. I am getting the codex this weekend so I can begin my army list&#33;&#33;

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast