My Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Marines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently in the way of marines I've got what came from the Macragge set.

Which is 7 Marines
    1 Sarge
    1 flamer
    1 Missile launcher.

For my current list (since I'm going vs nids) I'm going to try to pack in some HB's.

What I'm confused on is what I'd need to buy to fill them out :

2 tac squads (5) with a heavy bolter
    The sarge is just going to be bolter weilding. White Helmet to signify he is indeed the sarge.

1 dev squad (5)
    4 heavy bolters

My question :

I need 9 Normal marines, I have 7....Eh, 15 bucks gets me 5 more to play with...But where do I get the heavy bolters? I assume if I bought a dev squad it'd come with enough stuff to set up 4 marines with HB's, but I have a habbit of being wrong.

addendum : can two libs be in the same squad? Throw one in with a command squad, the other join it, then have one cast might of hero's on the other...escentially giving him more attacks and still use his power wepon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Devestator squads come with a variety of heavy weapons, at least they use too. You can by individual blisters of Heavy weapons, or the devestator box. The tactical squads the 5 man and 10 man both come with missile launchers. Or you can bit order the bits off GW website. With 7-15 dollars, its going to be hard to get stuff, might want to ask around if you play in a comic/GW shop if anyone has any extra bitz. If your in New Jersey, i can get you some.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tac squads don't come with heavy bolters. The Devastator squad comes with only one. To get more heavy bolters you need to order them separately. You can either buy a blister containing one marine with heavy bolter, or you can order the heavy bolter, arm, and backpack individually as bitz. Then you can use any marine body to make a HB troop. My suggestion would be to buy tac squad boxed sets and get extra HB bitz to convert whatever number of troops you want.

Originally posted by Rook@Mar 10 2005, 16:30
    can two libs be in the same squad? Throw one in with a command squad, the other join it, then have one cast might of hero's on the other...escentially giving him more attacks and still use his power wepon.
    [snapback]349238[/snapback]
    Two Librarians can join one squad, but NOT a command squad. Page 12, Space Marine Codex, Under SM Characters, #3, "Only a single character of a given type..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

Originally posted by Rook@Mar 10 2005, 17:30
    addendum : can two libs be in the same squad? Throw one in with a command squad, the other join it, then have one cast might of hero's on the other...escentially giving him more attacks and still use his power wepon.
    [snapback]349238[/snapback]
    Raider your wrong about this. It says only one can be ADDED. So if you have a librarien and command squad you could ADD one librarien and one chaplain. Secondlly, its page 21.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah...So getting just a tac squad and then getting HB sprues would probably be the easiest way to proceed?

Seeing as a blister pack costs more than I'd like, but I dislike the shipping/handling anything else that comes with mail order.

Ah well. I'll take a look when I get up there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well what i do (is since i have a relictor SM army i just buy the chaos tact squad and use the heavy bolter from there ( cause normal SM get pretty boring to paint after a while ) and that chaos box set has the heavy bolter that doesent need that big as$ backpack on it.

plus... theyre the same gun and... extra bitz . cause everi one likes bitz

hope i helped

Sp3cToR

:realmad: ... :hmm: ... ... :blink:
    -{ ItS nOt ThE eNd ThAt I fEaR wItH eAcH bReAtH }-
    ------{ ItS lIfE tHaT sCaReS mE tO dEaTh }------

---==={\}[ Sp3cToR ]{/}===---
    UNS33n...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A great plan would be to get a combat squad and buy the heavy wep parts from mail order, and turn the combat squad into a bunch of heavy weapon guys to add to your squads as options. YOu can switch them in and out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That seems like what I'm going to do.

Buy a tac squad, buy the Heavy wepons sprue.

Never bought the tac box, I assume the marines aren't like the macragge ones and you actually get to move their wepons around, as well as arms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Dev teams come with four weapon types. If you want the HB's then you can buy then seperatly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Chaosbrynn@Mar 10 2005, 17:47
    Raider your wrong about this. It says only one can be ADDED. So if you have a librarien and command squad you could ADD one librarien and one chaplain. Secondlly, its page 21.
    [snapback]349289[/snapback]
    Oops on the page number, Finger dyslexia kicked in.

Anyway what it says is: “Libs and Chaps may be attached to another character’s command squad. Only one character of a given type may be attached to a single command squad.?

Now you could say the character leading the command squad is not attached so adding another of the same type is the first of that type to be ‘attached’. So one Lib leading and one attached. I don’t believe this is the correct interpretation of the badly worded entry.

First GW uses ‘Lead’, ‘Attached’, and ‘Joined’ interchangeably. The only difference is whether the character can leave the unit or not, and is the ranking individual in the unit he has joined. Even the last line of the referenced entry uses “…who is leading or attached…?

Second, why even state you can’t have more than one attached if you are going to allow one attached and one leading? Doing so would take up your entire HQ allotment with the first attached, and you couldn’t attach another anything. SO there would be no opportunity to attach two Libs.

I agree that the use of two terms, “…the attached character and the character leading it…? seem to imply that you class each separately and could have two of the same type of characters in the same command squad.

However to me the line, “Only one character of a given type may be attached to a single command squad.? is meant to prevent having two Libs, Chaps, or Commanders in the same command squad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast