Ultramarines 1st Company - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Ello,

Me and a friend was wondering for some random reason how many suits of Terminator Armour the Ultramarines now have left after the Tyranid Invasion :blink The reason this came about was because I was talking about collecting the entire Ultramarines first company, but based around the fluff of the Ultramarines i.e. if there is any thing about how many Marines are in the first company how many are Tyrannic Hunters etc.

As far as I understand it fifty of the Marines in the first company are now the Tyranid Hunters, it says about this in the new Space Marine codex on the page with the rules for the Tyrannic War Veterans on. I would think that because there are no rules for having Tyranid war Veterans in Terminator Armour they don't wear them in fluff as well :glare:. So I was thinking may be the Ultramarines might have thirty suits of armour now? Leaving twenty Veteran Marines with out any? :hmm:

Any one else got any ideas about it? Also any fluff about them after the Tyrannic Wars? I know it seems like a crazy idea to collect the whole Ultramarines 1st company :o, but I am not 100% sure if I will or not. I am crazy enough to actually do it though and it looks like its going that way for now.

Am am basing this so far on the Ultramarines having the full 100 Space Marines in the first company, because I have read in a few places it took them 200 years (I think that was the amount of time) to get the First Company back up to full strength.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It took a full two and a half centuries to get the Ultramarines 1st Company back to full strength. I imagine a few suits were beyond repair, but I suppose it would be something like 40-55. That's just a figure off the top of my head, so it's most likely not correct.
    You must never forget the essence of your spark
    All of that which defines you is the essence of your blood
    The infection has been removed
    The soul of the machine has improved
    The infection has been removed
    The soul of the machine has improved

Look into my eyes
    Tell me what you see
    Someone real?
    This is real!
    What you wish to be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's very, very ambitious of you. All those termies could cost hundreds and hundreds. But that would be really cool. Imagine how intimidated someone would be battling that, though I doubt that's legal. I don't know much about the fluff... Good luck, and have fun making the Tyrannic War Veterans

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanx for the replys so far (Y), it probably would be better to have fouty suits of Terminator Armour, then I could have two squads of Terminators and two squads of Assault Terminators .

Another thing I was wondering is about Veterans, as far as I understand it in most Chapters the Veteran Space Marines wear both Power Armour and Terminator Armour, is this correct :hmm

About Terminator Command Squads, do they come from the First Company? I always thought that only the First Company where allowed to wear Terminator Armour and Company Captains, Chaplins etc (in most Chapaters). So would this mean if I had say the 3rd Company Captain and he had a Terminator Command Squad with him they would be marked up as the First Company (the Terminators not the Captain) :hmm

Thanx for all the input so far again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As the fluff goes for the Ultra's, if its in termi armor its first company. BUT, there is nothing to say your nilla army has to go that way. As for most of the players out here in Virginia, the army fielded is from a mixed lot of company's or one of the four battle company's depending on Chapter tasking. As in most things, its what you want as long as its leagle and fits the battle FOC. In my Onyx Marauders each battle company has 1 squad of Termies assigned. If additional units are needed they TAD them from First company. But thats just me.
    breath, sight, squeeze.

now double tap just for grins

and Another One bite's the dust.

A bolter round for all that oppose the Emperor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A fully codex chaper posseses just about a 100+ of these suits (Imperial fists for example).

The ultra marines had these numbers too unil the Nid invasion...now they have 68(if I am correct) suits left.

The precise number can be found in the 3rd edition codex.
    Hail all hamsters!!!

Thank you for all pete.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Chaplain Stephen+Mar 14 2005, 02:17--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chaplain Stephen &#064; Mar 14 2005, 02:17)</div><div class='quotemain'>As the fluff goes for the Ultra&#39;s, if its in termi armor its first company. BUT, there is nothing to say your nilla army has to go that way. As for most of the players out here in Virginia, the army fielded is from a mixed lot of company&#39;s or one of the four battle company&#39;s depending on Chapter tasking. As in most things, its what you want as long as its leagle and fits the battle FOC. In my Onyx Marauders each battle company has 1 squad of Termies assigned. If additional units are needed they TAD them from First company. But thats just me.
    [snapback]351901[/snapback]
    [/b]

oh yeah I agree most people do that, thing is though I am just trying to collect the First Company based on fluff, there really isn&#39;t much of an ingame reason for me to buy it all. I just want to I will probably field the whole Company some time, probably rarely, but I have the third company of Ultra and just going after the 1st company now.

<!--QuoteBegin-Str10_hurts
    @Mar 14 2005, 10:33
    A fully codex chaper posseses just about a 100+ of these suits (Imperial fists for example).

The ultra marines had these numbers too unil the Nid invasion...now they have 68(if I am correct) suits left.

The precise number can be found in the 3rd edition codex.
    [snapback]352082[/snapback]
    [/quote]

Thanx for that I found the page at the back with it all and its 74 suits if any one was wondering.

Thanx again all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am wondering about the same thing. I want to collect/make the ultramarines 1st company and was wondering what it was completely composed of. 97 veterans and 3 venerable dreadnoughts was not an accurate enough answer to my question. I am wondering how many sternguard, vanguard, termiantors, assault terminators, and tyrannic war veterans there are. If I remember correctly, there is a picture right here: http://40.media.tumblr.com/9cd380d2c...medo2_1280.jpg But as stated earlier, there are 3 venerable Dreadnoughts, not 2. So idk. Maybe we can help each other and figure this out together?

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Fluff is my specialty!

The Ultramarines are only 'Codex deviant' in their use of Tyrannic War Vets and the Honor Company. Otherwise, they are bog-standard in every other way. Therefore, their 10 companies are all 100 brothers strong plus support staff (command squads, chaplains, librarians, techmarines, vehicle crews, fleet staff, etc). The rough estimate by most folks, is that the "1000 Battle Brothers" refers to just that - "line squads" of Space Marines. Actual chapter strength is something like 1300 fully initiated, armored Space Marines, plus countless serfs, any number of Scouts and Neophytes, recruits, and so forth.
    Some chapters and sources seem to count Dreadnoughts against that 1000 'Brothers', although others seem to point to them being counted as support staff a'la vehicle crews. The Ultramarines seem to count them as Marines, however, as the 1st Company consists of:

Captain Agemman
    Chaplain
    Apothecary
    Standard Bearer
    97 Marine Veterans*
    3 Dreadnoughts

*Of those 97 Vets, over half of them are Tyrannic War Veterans. The other half include the Sternguards and Vanguards. Traditionally, all Veterans are trained in the use of Terminator Armor, and the Ultra Marines have access to 74 such suits.

What's interesting about the Veteran Companies is that they are likely the most ad-hoc company in a Chapter. For example, anyone that you see wearing Terminator Armor in any Codex-Adherent chapter, is a member of the 1st Company. Often, these Veterans are attached to other companies to serve as advisers and to bolster the ranks. Tyrandid War Veterans, for example, train many of the other units, like Devastators and Tacticals, in order to better combat Tyranids. Other veterans, drawn from across the ranks of the Chapter, might do the same - a Veteran who was formerly a Devastator, might go back and train the Devastator Squads. A Veteran might also go into battle as a Terminator for one campaign, and then rejoin his Sternguard or Vanguard squad (or TWV squad) for the next, as needed. They are very flexible, and commanders use that flexibility. Calling together the entire 1st Company and sending them into battle would be nearly apocalyptic - they're the most powerful company a chapter could call on, and they're usually dispersed across all of the various campaigns and crusades that a chapter is undertaking.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I didn't get back to you right away. Now, from recent codicies and reference pictures, there are 25 sternguard, 13 vanguard veterans, and I've only seen 2 venerable dreadnoughts (I haven't checked blood oath yet because I don't have a copy, the only sources I have used are the 7th ed rulebook, and 7th ed SM codex). I have seen 3 terminator squads and 2 assault terminator squads which is another 25 vets to the cause. I am assuming the last 34 are still tyrannic war vets, or does the veterans in the command squad count as part of the 97 veterans?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast