I'm Extremely New - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there =) .

I have two friends who just bought themselves army kits (one bought Tau and the other bought Imperial Guard), and I have been eyeing Warhammer 40,000 for a while. So I decided I would give it a try. I just flipped through some of the Codexes to get a glimpse of my choices, and I ended up with the Daemon Hunters mainly because I love the Terminator models and the Grey Knight models.

I have not read the Warhammer 40k rulebook (nor have mye friends), and I have not read my Codex (as I cant afford any of this right now).

I just finished glueing five Grey Knights and I love them!

What I really want to know is if anyone would care to give me some tips on what models I should start off buying when I am going to primarily battle Imperial Guards and Tau.

Any help at all would be really appreaciated (and keep in mind I know NONE of the WH40k rules, only WHFB rules =P )

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is against our community rules to ask for copyrighted material, so please don't ask that question. The best tip I got for you on that is to visit a GW store and look through the books there. I also highly recomend buying them (especially the DH codex)

As for your other question, I'm sure some of our DH playing members will provide with loads of usefull tips on how to expand your army
    Master Belial

'But for corruption thou hast made Belial, an angel of hostility. All his dominions are in darkness, and his purpose is to bring about wickedness and guilt. All the spirits that are associated with him are but angels of destruction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will of course purchase the Codex and the rulebook (for simplicitys sake, if not for anything else). Won't ask again =) .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK i'm going to lay it on you plain and simple about half of the rulebook is useless crap so don't buy it unless you realy want to. second the grey knights are part of the empirium of man so they cant "legaly" battle i.g. unless they are chaos (evil). the thing is if you realy want to learn more about wh40k you need to sit down and read lots of books. this can become a problem with some people because they don't like to read or don't have time or whatever. however you can find lots of usefull info atgames-workshop.co.uk. the best thing to have when you start to play warhammer is friends that have been playing it for a long time and know a lot about it. OR YOU COULD JUST TALK TO THE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM. any way i hope that clears some things up. and if you have any other questions ask someone else because i'm sick and tired of helping out all you newbs!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You said "if you have any other questions ask someone else because i'm sick and tired of helping out all you newbs!!!"

I did not specifically ask you, did I? But thanks for the information =) .

What does it mean that DH cant "legally" battle IG? It just has to do with the politics of the Warhammer 40k universe, right? It is no "rule" that states such a thing, and the two are balanced to fight each other, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Slai@Oct 6 2003, 23:44
    What does it mean that DH cant "legally" battle IG? It just has to do with the politics of the Warhammer 40k universe, right? It is no "rule" that states such a thing, and the two are balanced to fight each other, right?
    That fact is not true, if El Grimnar had read the Codex Daemonhunter he would have known that the Inquisition doesn't need approval to fight anyone. So don't worry you can fight anyone legally with your Grey Knights. The Inquisiton has excuses to attack anyone.
    Master Belial

'But for corruption thou hast made Belial, an angel of hostility. All his dominions are in darkness, and his purpose is to bring about wickedness and guilt. All the spirits that are associated with him are but angels of destruction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, ok =) . I really love what I have learned about the Deamon Hunters so far. I have the impression that they are the ones who pull all the strings as far as the Empire goes, but I may be way off here =) .

I would still really love to understand anything at all about the warhammer 40k basic rules and a little on what to purchase to get myself a decent anti-Tao/anti-IG 1000point army =) .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually what it maens is that well...it goes like this you see humans being i.g,marines. are servants of the great god imperior. this means any two human army's that are stil loyal to the imp are not allowed to battle in something official like a turney. however if you just want to have some fun with your friends or something of that matter go ahead and do it. you have mutch to learn my friend mwahhhh ha ha ha ha *cough*. i mean just read the books perferably the rulebook and you will understand a lot more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

has receved yet another beat down *death*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by el_grimnar Posted on Oct 6 2003@ 23:57
    actually what it maens is that well...it goes like this you see humans being i.g,marines. are servants of the great god imperior. this means any two human army's that are stil loyal to the imp are not allowed to battle in something official like a turney. however if you just want to have some fun with your friends or something of that matter go ahead and do it. you have mutch to learn my friend mwahhhh ha ha ha ha *cough*. i mean just read the books perferably the rulebook and you will understand a lot more.
    What are you rambling about?? If you have read the Codex Daemonhunter so perfectly, try remembering pages 52 and 53. If you read the first paragraph there maybe you'll get a little revelation. I have never heard about Daemonhunters being restricted with their opponents in official tournamets. Do you have any documentation of this? (If this truely exist GW sure as hell contradicts their own publications)
    Master Belial

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast