I Thinking Of Starting Ig - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im planing on starting IG and i want to get cadian box set i was wondering if i should do this or should i buy seprate models? Also i want get some sanction physkers with my commissar would this be a good idea?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm guessing you have the new IG codex since you know bout the 'it's for your own good' rule.

if you think about it that way, Commissar's are always risky, as they'll execute the officer if he fails a leadership test...

as for the box sets, they turn out to be almost exactly what it would be if you bought the models seperately, i personally like buying seperately, that way i can space out what i want to get on my own terms, but it'z all up to you on that i guess

welcome to the guard!!
    - Remember kiddies, flashlights kill...

A friend on Howling Banshees vs Striking Scorpions
    "Most people seem to prefer Scorpions, but most people suck, so go Banshees"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're starting from scratch I'd recommend the box set - you'll probably want everything in it anyway, plus you get a cool standard bearer that you can't get anywhere else! I'd have bought it, but I already had the tanks and stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plus with the box set you save ALOT of money

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks im trying to sell my necrons so i can buy the cadian box set but im interested in the new hellhound that thing is sweet now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your right, the hellhound is very cool. I'd recommend buying everything seperate and then buy the boxed set to expand your force.
    As for taking a psyker and a commissar, it is risky for the psyker, but it will better the rest of the squad. Alternitavely (spelling), you could take the independant commissar doctrine and place then where you want. It's up to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no psykers with your commisar he will kill them and buy the box you save a LOT OF MONEY AND you have everything you need to play a 1000points batle and then ad tanks and more heavy wapons with troops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ha buy a Pcyker and give him Honorifica imperialis giving him the same stats as a Heroic officer and thats just for a total of 37 points you now got a guy that beats a comissar in close combat you can allso give him a power sword or somthing for his 25 points that are left :o

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"What are you? Men?! You call yourselves men?! The only real men on this battlefield are the ones lying dead in the mud! They are the only real men, for they made the ultimate sacrifice for the Emperor, and if you are to fight, kill, and live through it, you are either a great leader, or a great coward! But the great leaders are set apart, for they saved another man before themselves!"

Commisar Hanek, at the battle for the Cadian Gate

Closed Thread